Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mayrhofen & Lake Garda
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Off to Mayrhofen on Sunday. I will be spending 2 weeks having my snowboard technique torn to shreds, but will get a couple of days off to ride bikes and my other half will be doing quite a lot of bike riding. Any suggestions for good rides round there (probably low/mid-level at the moment).

After that, we’re going to meander our way back to the French Alps via the north of Italy. Anyone got any good suggestions for a couple of days riding around Lake Garda ? Uplift would be nice, but not fussed (some big climbs would do me good!) – more interested in the best singletrack.

Cheers in advance!

schnullelieber
    Free Member

From Stresa on Lago Maggiore there’s a cable car upto to a small ski area on the top of Mt Mottarone. Iwas there in the summer 18 months ago and there downhillers make use of the cable car. Didn’t get to see the bike trails though as i was on foot. Might be worth looking into though.

markd
    Free Member

Please ensure the locals are made aware of what ‘Surprise Cockfags’ sounds like in a Scottish tongue.

Many thanks.

*smash it*

stevomcd
    Free Member

Will do markd. Can’t go until we check that no-one’s looking… :mrgreen:

stuartm555
    Free Member

went to garda back in 2006 – can’t remember much except a trail called the 601 was amazing!! you either get to it from the top of mt altissimo via cablecar or just cycle up the road to near the top of it.

some bad photos here!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartmarshall/sets/72157610694885693/

you can buy maps of the mtb trails too which are pretty useful

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Ask around in Torbole, there’s 2 bike shops opposite each other on the main drag. Uplifts available for around 15 euros. The riding there is great, tempted to go for a week this summer rather than the French or Swiss Alps.

The cable car uplift isnt very “alpine” though, I wouldnt rely on that if you are doing 601 unless you get your timing just right or it’s a quite day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mayrhofen & Lake Garda’ is closed to new replies.