Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • mayhem…. predictions and tips thread
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

give some predictions or tips for first timers or for general info reading.Ill start off,I was convinced into doing it again last week in the pub could regret this action at 3am running down a descent due to non of my bike moving.
    Things I learnt from last year;
    1.DO NOT rely on “energy” products…this leaves you and your team mates tummies feel a cross between delhi belly and A vomcano.
    2.Do Plan laps.No one likes to be waiting around to hand over.
    3.Keep eating all the time,Like Constantly.You should probably be eating while you read this.
    4.Always keep Taking in the electrolytes these keep cramp off as long as possible.Experiment by watching team mates who do not do this role around in agony contorted in spasms at 6am with no sleep.
    5.Look after your bike.No one likes to be left in granny ring or biggest gear.
    6.Keep up the banter ,have fun and remember its one of the few events you will do that Is just mentally fun even when its shocking…. or at least thats in my opinion.

Bruce

mboy
    Free Member

Take spare clothes

Take spare spare clothes

Take spare spare spare clothes

Take lots of plastic bags to get all your filthy kit home in without ruining your car interior

Don’t take it too seriously! 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

take some walking boots, in fact a set of waders if the rain keeps up.

spitfire
    Free Member

Ride.
    Eat.
    Drink.
    Shower.
    Banter.
    Clean your shit up.

Prep for Bonty.

mboy
    Free Member

take some walking boots

Just got my Goretex Merrell’s out, ready for a couple of laps if it’s drastic enough (and flat pedals to go with them obviously). Though just been on the phone to my Dad, he’s lending me his Le Chameau’s so I can stay nice and warm and dry when I’m not on the bike! Though if you see anyone doing a lap in expensive wellies, you know who it is… 😉

He’s also lending me his bright yellow land rover discovery, so i’ll not only be as obvious as an obvious thing, but will be there to tow people out the carpark come Sunday afternoon!

amt27
    Free Member

just back from tent erecting, not sure if your going to need to tow people off site, as they can barely get off the main tracks,

bikerbruce
    Free Member

I have My le chameau’s At the ready…some percs to working shoots will be warm feet!

neil853
    Free Member

Is the field a right mess already?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’ve got my tow rope packed & ready!
    Predictions:
    Mud, lots of it.
    Fast lads will still be fast, the rest won’t
    Fun, no point on getting wound up about it, just enjoy it
    Tops:
    Plenty of clothes
    boots
    spare mech hanger
    spare cables
    bike cleaning stuff
    coffee

jimw
    Free Member

Go to Halfords, buy one of these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_814459_langId_-1_categoryId_165602

and run all the way with it- it may be quicker on the overnight laps if the forecast is correct

goldenwonder is right though, don’t worry about it and just enjoy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘mayhem…. predictions and tips thread’ is closed to new replies.