Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Mayhem course preview
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Looks good and I’m getting excited

Which as I’ve given Eastnor a miss for the last couple of years is saying something.

molgrips
    Free Member

The only reason I’m doing it is to see the new course. Fingers crossed.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

From What I could see it looks similar to Eastnor ie grassy, muddy and land rover tracks. 🙁

Certainly doesn’t look any more ‘weather proof’.

monkeychild
    Free Member

As a solo singlespeeder I am v curious as to how much this is going to differ. It looks ok and me thinks the tree laced singletrack will be “interesting” in the night. . Getting off and pushing for steep climbs is ways a winner though 😀

Crell
    Free Member

It’s a change, which is a good thing! Seems to cut up pretty easily (see 0.21). Agree that what’s on the vid looks no more weather-proof than Eastnor.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah they don’t show you the miles of grass… possibly 🙂

tang
    Free Member

If its lashing it will be muddy(sitting here next door looking at the woods in the vid from my window). Bear in mind there’s not lots of topsoil towards the tops so should hold up better, those climbs on the field will be horrid in the rain. I’m guessing the start finish arena will be up the top, which is a good thing! It’s been really good here trail wise recently but it can change very quickly even without a few thousand tyre passes!

gee
    Free Member

Even if it is pushing, at least the view will be different whilst pushing.

GB

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Have to say its look pretty similar to Eastnor, but its difficult to tell from the video.

Personally I’d probably prefer MM on man made tracks ie something like Bracknell or Cannock.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You what?!?!?

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t mind mud, as long as it’s rideable mud not wattle and daub.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

better start praying for a dry event – those narrow bits of singletrack will soon turn into 12ft wide mud lanes

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been praying for a dry event every year.

How many dry ones have we had?

rOcKeTdOg

Looks like plenty of places to flail wildly into the trees at 3am whilst daydreaming/sleep riding

onewheelgood

molgrips, I think 2003 and 2006 were dry.

5thElefant
    Free Member

2010 was dry too. The last two at Sandwell as well.

molgrips
    Free Member

So – five dry races out of what – 15? So we have a 33% chance of a dry one. Of course, some of the wet ones were only moderately muddy.

onewheelgood

and some of the dry ones were quite damp.

gee
    Free Member

The last 3 at Sandwell (2001-3) were absolutely scorchingly hot.

2006 at Eastnor was 20deg, dry and sunny.

2010 was dry but freezing. Literally – I scraped ice off my car in the morning.

GB

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The video says about putting hardcore down on some sections, can you believe them though when last year they said the course was being shortened and ‘weather proofed’ and then did bugger all.

aa
    Free Member

wasn’t there a grass fire at the last eastnor one? Happy days, we took a generator, a tv and watched some world cup iirc.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

aa no disrespect to you but I hope they put all the people who think they need a generator in a field away from everyone else.

aa
    Free Member

to be fair, it is pretty rude.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to something. I don’t know what though as I haven’t done it before.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Should be a belter.

My mate has just pulled out of the solo as he’s ill at the moment and can’t train. I’ve just put his entry on the classifieds if anyone is interested

onewheelgood
    wonnyj
    Free Member

Sounds good although the potential lack of trackside space could be a bugger.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mayhem course preview’ is closed to new replies.