Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mayhem back at Eastnor next year or new location?
  • zangolin
    Free Member

Will MM be back at Eastnor again or is it moving to a new location next year? Someone mentioned Sherwood?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Why not give Newnham a try, the weather would have to be better than Eastnor. 😉

sharki
    Free Member

DIbbs, did you not hear the complaints about them having to travel all the way down south? they’d much rather we travelled up to the borders…

Last year when talking to Pat he was trying to sort out new venues for both MM and SITS…
    Which isn’t quite as easy as it may seem as it needs to be central, big enough and have a suitable area for parking, camping, trade stands, etc..and then also have the land and terrain suitable for mountain biking upon, this land generally also needs to be private land as racing on public access land is IIRC bleeding hard to authorize.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Sorry I was forgetting the centre of the know universe is Todmorden 😉

Spud

Wasn’t Chatsworth mentioned last year?

oldgit
    Free Member

Woburn would be nice, but I believe it was too expensive.

Rideable all year round due to the Greensand Ridge, and summer rain actually firms it up a bit.

crazy-legs

He’s certainly looking into new venues but at the moment has an awful lot of other stuff on his plate as well – SITS plus trying to get this Demo Day thing (news article on the front page) off the ground.

rOcKeTdOg

can it stay within 40 mins of my house please, ta

MicArms

A few years ago I know he was making enquiries on the Hambledon estate, just between Marlow and Henley..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mayhem back at Eastnor next year or new location?’ is closed to new replies.