Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Maybe looking for a frame..4″ 69 HA and light what is there ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

Maybe looking for a XC frame for long rides / Trail centres, Whats out there in 4″ travel with 69 degree Head angle and light ish ? I like a slack head angle bike, am I looking for a 4x frame ?

ChrisS
    Free Member

Cannondale rush?

simonm
    Free Member

maybe

dicky
    Free Member

If you can live with 120mm travel then Trek Fuel EX fits the bill. 69 degree HA and pretty light.

ChrisS
    Free Member

is this some sort of quiz? is there a prize?

vimto
    Free Member

new or second hand? if second hand then kona king was 4″ with 69 degree head angle and were below 27lbs?

james
    Free Member

“If you can live with 120mm travel then Trek Fuel EX fits the bill”
    Yeh, but only the carbon one is available frame only (I think?) The ’08 was £1700 odd as well (I imagine the 2009 will be more

Your basically after a 4″ frame without the XC race angles then?

Commencal meta 4? 69.5 deg. head angle?
    Commencal meta 4 geometry

Orange ST4 = 68 deg. HA – £1275 though

I think tose two are in some kind of head-to-head test in the nect issue of the magazine too.
    I can’t think of anything else off the top of my head. (both ‘look’ quite similar)

jfeb
    Free Member

What is becoming my usual response to any post even vaguely refering to “4 inches of travel” – a Santa Cruz Blur 4X if you can find one.

simonm
    Free Member

Your basically after a 4″ frame without the XC race angles then?

yes… some good ideas above, shame about the Blur 4X availability.

steveh

Another new bike si 🙂

It’s a 5″ travel option but marin quad 120? I’m planning on getting a quad 140 to try as i want 5″ and 66/67 HA.

simonm
    Free Member

lol… me nah.. !

mboy
    Free Member

Giant Trance is a good bet. Put a fork longer than the 100mm that is standard on them and the head angle definitely slackens out to 69 degrees, or even less.

Also raises the BB a bit too, which is ideal cos as standard they are a tad too low really. It’s as if the frame was designed around a 130mm fork!

gingerflash

Depends on what length you want. Isn’t a Blur 4X quite short in the top tube?

“a 4″ frame without the XC race angles”
    My Superlight is pretty much that. The large has a nice long 24″ top tube and with my 130mm forks, the HA is probably about 69 degrees. I suppose any 4″ XC bike with longer forks would have a similar HA.

sodandy
    Free Member

Commencal Super Four looks a good bet. 4″ and reasonably slack for an xc bike.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Maybe looking for a frame..4″ 69 HA and light what is there ?’ is closed to new replies.