Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • maybe? controversial footy excuse
  • iDave
    Free Member

could it be alleged that players are using performance enhancing substances/methods at premiership clubs which FA aren't implementing and may even be unaware of but that other national teams may be more inclined to adopt?

seven
    Free Member

no, england were just crap

iDave
    Free Member

yeah, i noticed, but crap for what reason?

Junkyard
    Free Member

you could but it seems unlikely any proof?
    EDIT: See also France and ItalyThey were rubbish because the players are not as good as you think.

Make a European 11 how many English starters or in the squad?
    Make a world 11 same question.
    There is your answer

timraven

I blame it on the foreign manager, not the total lack of commitment from the disinterested talentless players, but hell what do I know.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It's a possibility, but I'd have thought (as in cycling) the relationship would be between player and doctor and not arranged by the club or the FA. So if someone normally has blood work done and a bit of testosterone maybe there'd be no reason why he wouldn't be having it done for the World Cup.

iDave
    Free Member

no proof, but maybe evidence in their shite performances

odds on upson scoring more than rooney at world cup?

why?

there will be reasons for it.

trout
    Free Member

Maybe the England players are just not good enough on the world scene
    I blame the players

iDave
    Free Member

BD, would look odd if the prem sent all their doctors to the england camp?

i'm not at all naive in this area, hence raising the issue

Junkyard
    Free Member

The reality may just be that other teams are actually better than you and drugs,foreign coaches and players wages are all just red herrings?

ton

too much money
    treated like superstars, when they are just blokes playing a playground game
    laziness……..the main reason
    no pride in their country….who has??
    too many foreign players in the premier league.

timraven

I know I'm rising to your bait ton, but I'm proud of my country, though I don't give a fig about football, I hate to see England lose at anything.
    Ducking now, 8)

BigDummy
    Free Member

iDave – having read all that stuff about Michele Ferrari and his camper van, and Vaughters talking about blood bags turning up on the backs of motorbikes, I dunno. I find it hard to believe that anyone who was using stuff at club level wouldn't find a way to keep themselves topped up over a very important tournament.

It's an intriguing theory, but in the absence of decent proof of widespread club level doping in football I'm sceptical about an explanation for national squad performance that suggests that club level doping is normal whereas at national level it doesn't happen in England but is rampant in Germany and Algeria.

grumm
    Free Member

The reality may just be that other teams are actually better than you

This is undoubtedly true but England still played way below their potential. They should be better than a pub team at defending.

PrinceJohn

too much money

treated like superstars, when they are just blokes playing a playground game

laziness……..the main reason

no pride in their country….who has??

too many foreign players in the premier league.

Yeah cos no other countries players are paid as much as England's…..

nickc

11 players on the pitch didn't understand what it means to be a team

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes they played badly but that the old Teutonic foe are slightly above pub fooball standard so perhaps they played well?
    You have been poor in all your games but there are no drugs in the world [unless you gave them to the opposition] that would make those players be a match for Spain, Brazil, Argentina etc.
    You are just not brilliant top 10-20 side and you had a bad world cup but hey not as bad as some

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘maybe? controversial footy excuse’ is closed to new replies.