Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maybe a stupid question….but need to check….Rockshox Maxle
  • mrh86

Just been out for my first ride with me new RS revelations (2011) with 20mm axle.

My axle looks like this:

And doesnt have the bolt/end that can be seen on the left hand side of the fork in this image:

I’ve never used a maxle before so not really sure if I should have one. When I was out on a ride yesterday the maxle lever was loose/had no tension so just kept on opening up. Since then, I have found a 2.5mm allen bolt which tightens the lever up. Also, was out cycling with someone who had a 20mm maxle as well, but had that extra bit.

Is it just a new design, or am I missing a bit?

Cheers

Martyn

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Looks like you’re missing a bit to me….. There should be an expander wedge in each end of the axle and a ‘nut’ on the non-qr end for it to tighten against, like the end of a normal QR if you like….

That said, the design might be different now, mine is the normal Maxle-Lite version… 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Don’t need it. Just screw it in and tighten with the lever and you’re set. My Pikes didn’t come with it and I never had problems.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm. Another thought – have you installed it correctly?

Put wheel in, slide maxle through and with the handle open all the way, screw the maxle into the fork leg.
    Then close the handle, but that acts like a normal QR inside the maxle tube, and needs tighening seperately before closing to get a firm snug closute and lock the maxle in place. Once set to the right tension it doesn’t move so only needs doing the once….

mrh86

Cheers for the replies. Yea I think I have NOW installed it correctly, the lever is tight after adjusting the 2.5mm allen bolt which is kind of situated under the lever near the cam for the QR
    Chain reaction 2011 maxle – doesnt seem to be the extra bit there either….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maybe a stupid question….but need to check….Rockshox Maxle’ is closed to new replies.