Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • May the third,excited.about voting somebody into a job for the next 5 years
  • project
    Free Member

Local elections to vote somebody into a guaranteed job for the next 5 years.

Anyone going to bother to vote, or just going to vote for the greens or independants or even BNP,as a protest vote to show them in power were not all in it together.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Multimember constituencies here so we will get green representation and maybe even some independents.

I think the result in Edinburgh might be quite interesting.

CaptJon
    Free Member

project – Member
    Local elections to vote somebody into a guaranteed job for the next 5 years.

Do your councillors get paid? Our local councillors get an allowance, but that isn’t much.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’ll be voting. People had to fight for the right to vote so I think it’s rude not to.

Plus it is the only chance to make a difference, you can choose to beilieve that or not.

binners

I’ll be ticking the box marked ‘anyone except the ****ing Tories!’

I suspect I won’t be alone

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You have the option to spoil your ballot paper if you don’t like any candidate. Maybe a day of spoiled ballot papers would send the appropriate message to the hard of thinking.

project
    Free Member

Do your councillors get paid? Our local councillors get an allowance, but that isn’t much

10,00 quid pa plus allowances

mrmo
    Free Member

allowances paid to Cheltenham councillors.

I can’t get excited when the choice is Lib-Dem, Conservative or Labour, none really appeal. I guess anyone but Conservative or Labour will get the vote, spoiled ballot appeals for some reason.

chewkw
    Free Member

I have already postal voted for Tories Hurray Henry … and referendum support for a Mayor Dear Leader.

MMmhhaawwww … all you will be put to hard labour.

😆

project
    Free Member

oh and for the london town inhabitants vote Paddick, and teach boris and ken there is life after very expensive buses and train sets.

project
    Free Member

Soon be time to vote………….

allthepies
    Free Member

So Londonista’s, is it going to be:-

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
    Ken Livingstone Ltd ™ © (registered office: PO Box 8573, Cayman Islands)
    or some other random ?

cupra
    Free Member

In scotland we have the single transferable vote so we get to rank them in our order of preference (least dislike I call it) if we want to.

IHN

Spoilt papers always strike me as kind of petulant, kiddy-toy-pram style action.

You have a choice of candidates, you should pick one, even if it’s the one you dislike least. Or you should stand yourself. Democracy’s not perfect, but unfortunately we’ve yet to find anything better.

I’ll be voting. People had to and continue to fight and die for the right to vote so I think it’s rude not to.

Exactly.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I recon Boris will get back in..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oops – I had better go and vote.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ken Livingstone Ltd ™ © (registered office: PO Box 8573, Cayman Islands)

I did a little LOLlage…! 🙂 Has he published his full tax details yet? He did promise to, didn’t he? I’m sure he will before the election day. Oh. Wait a sec….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well done my thing
    I had 7 candidates to place in order of preference – couldn’t do more than 3 and one of them I had to hold my nose

project
    Free Member

I voted for the greens, quite like the colour.

Calming

senorj

I’ll be ticking the box marked ‘anyone except the ****ing Tories!’

I suspect I won’t be alone

correct. 🙂

bensales
    Free Member

If you don’t like who is standing in your area, go and stand yourself.

It’s the only way the system will change, not by throwing your toys out of the pram with a spoiled paper, or not voting.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Anyone going to bother to vote

One tends to find that most people that spend their time complaining about politics and seem to know all about everything political cant be bothered to vote…..

kaesae
    Free Member

Vote! hahahahahahaha!!!

You’re just giving credibility to a system that is utter bollocks, everything they say is bullshit, they have no idea how much of a budget they will have before they are elected, it’s a bit like writing up a shopping list based on fantasy.

Except they convince idiots that it will actually happen, if you want to change your circumstances have a good long hard look at your life and see what you can do to improve it yourself, make the most of what you have and get organized with other people.

VOTE FOR ME! I’ll give everyone a backie on my bike anywhere they want to go 😉

project
    Free Member

Has Boris lost yet.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘May the third,excited.about voting somebody into a job for the next 5 years’ is closed to new replies.