Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MaxXX Enduro SDW Last Night , Anyone from here have a go?
  • singletrackmind

Driving back from Petworth at around 10.30pm I saw a rider cross the A285 . This reminded me it was the MaXX Enduro 80 miler from Beachy Head to QECP. The guy I saw must have been really flying as it was about 4 hours from the start , and 60 odd miles in.
    Was a nice night for it , touch cold with the northerly airflow . No rain and some moonlight to help. Although the guy i saw didnt need any help, looked like a search and rescue ‘copter with huge lumens on bar and lid.

Trimix
    Free Member

I did it with two mates. We only did the 20 mile one, next year will do the 40, I wont do the 80 – thats just too far !

Good route, well organised and good dry conditions. Loads of wildlife out at night too.

UseItorLoseIt

Yes I did the 80 miler, although afraid I was not the rider you saw. That must have been the winner who finished in just over 6 hrs!

That was the 3rd year running I have done it and it was pretty tough into a head wind a fair bit and with the wind chill. I got seriously cold by the end when running low on energy. Thankfully it was dry so no wet chalk to contend with.

80 miles is rather a slog but a great sense of achievement.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    markyd

I’ve done it 3 times now, with last years dry fast ground being the highlight. Had a cold this year so couldn’t ride it, lucky escape judging by the head wind comments!

Trimix
    Free Member

6 hrs ! Bloody hell thats fast – I reckon it would take me close to 5 to do just the 40 mile loop !

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I did it, might have been me you saw, had a the new Exposure 6-Pack on the bars and the new Joystick MaXx (mk. 5) on my head, bonkers bright.

Waited at Southease level crossing (grrr) and 3 punctures saw mw lose Ian Leitch, who won and kicked my butt, still pretty chuffed that I came 2nd, 1hr7mins ahead of 3rd!

Great night for it, a good test of legs and head as there was a rare (and strong!) headwind all the way through the night from start to finish.

I highly recommend the event as just a great night out on the bike (specially with Exposure lights, who always have a feet of hire lights of their latest models). Riding along Firle ridge at as you get into the 2nd hour, into the setting sun is truly special. My trail wildlife count was 2 badgers, 1 owl and 1 MASSIVE stag that jumped ovber a hedge in front of me and for a brief moment we both stopped stationary on the trail and stared each other down, both a bit startled I think! I love this event.

🙂

robdeanhove
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MaxXX Enduro SDW Last Night , Anyone from here have a go?’ is closed to new replies.