Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Maxxis Wide Trail tyres?
  • thered

What rims are you using them on?

submarined
    Free Member

Easton ARC 30s. Well, until I deal them the final death blow.
    Then probably LBs or similar.

Onzadog
    Free Member

LB 30 mm internal. I really like the WT stuff from Maxxis accept for the availability. Seems harder than it should be to get what I want.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Standard WTB rims that came on my Whtye.
    Spotty Dog IMHO..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DqzM49]E5913503-8A71-44C3-BC9C-BEFB26D2E199[/url] by Nick Wallis, on Flickr

honourablegeorge

Stan’s flow Mk3s front (DHF or SHorty 2.5) and rear (DHR2 2.4)and have a DD DHF on a Hope 35mm also, love them all

kelvin

ARC30 – front only (because, as Submarined hints, not a tough enough rim for the rear).

I use non-WT on anything less than 30mm internal.

mark90
    Free Member

Running a 2.5 WT Shorty on a 27mm ID no worries.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I really like the WT stuff from Maxxis accept for the availability. Seems harder than it should be to get what I want.

I believe the WT terminology is being dropped as a it is apparently confusing people they had a chart up with widths before but I can’t find it

momo

Hope tech35W

[url=https://flic.kr/p/T1CsPd]650B Spitfire[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mikewsmith, interesting, I had read that WT was only a thing in UK/usa and continental Europe had the tyres without the WT name.

Would be nice to get clarification of that from somewhere if we could.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have WT’s from here in Oz, info came from the Maxxis rep down here I was chatting to.

rOcKeTdOg

29+ 45mm 27.5+ 40mm

Northwind

I have them on WTB i29s (29mm internal), and Lightbicycle carbons which I think are 24mm inner. So neither are quite at the official range but I don’t care, I’ve tried the same tyres on wider rims and I couldn’t say I noticed a difference. My DHFs are 2.5 non-WT so I don’t worry about a DHR2 2.4 WT on the same rims.

All 29er, if it matters. The shorty 2.5 is ****ing awesome btw.

qtip

2.5 DHF WTs on 29mm ID Stans Flow Mk3s for me. My favourite tyres to date.

joebristol

I’ve got a minion dhf 2.5 wt on the front of my bike – the rim is a Dt Swiss e1900. Believe it has an 30mm outside diameter but only a 25mm internal diameter.

Had it on there a month or so, and so far it’s great. For the riding I do (hardpack trail center mostly – but very slippery when wet) it’s a big upgrade over the 2.3 dhr2 I had on there before. Both exo 3c and run tubeless.

Incidentally the dhr2 is now on the back, replacing an aggressor for the winter. The aggressor was great for the summer but doesn’t have good drive forward if it encounters any mud. I’d say the dhr2 is much better for straight line traction, but in the corners on hardpack I’d say it’s a bit looser. Much prefer it on the back to the front.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Wide Trail tyres?’ is closed to new replies.