Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maxxis UST vs LUST
  • sv

Much difference in terms of weight/durability? Looking at High Rollers if it makes a difference.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is there a difference? I thought LUST was what they called them before they got the okay to use the UST logo.

M6TTF
    Free Member

AFAIK lust are an in between tyre much like the spesh 2bliss and bonty tlr range that have to be used with sealant whereas the ust are a proper ust tyre

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Have LUST 2.35 HR front 2.1 Advatange LUST rear great tyres. I do run mine with sealant but I would run all UST with sealant to stop punctures – why UST without? Mine spend most of their time at Cmwcarn and Afan no issues. fast light grippy at 25psi.

I was a Conti man before but I doubt I will change from that HR anytime soon it just never lets go.

Linky http://www.mmasports.com/maxxis/index.php

Burls72
    Free Member

AFAIK lust are an in between tyre much like the spesh 2bliss and bonty tlr range that have to be used with sealant whereas the ust are a proper ust tyre

Thats wrong, lust is a lightweight version of the ust tyre and can be used without sealant, the weight saving comes from lighter side walls. Which you use depands on your weight and riding, if your heavy or/and do fr/dh your better of with the ust. But if your lighter and/or ride xc/am the lust is fine. IIRC there is about 100g saving on average between the ust and lust.

devs
    Free Member

Weight is the difference! And sidewall durability. I have both. I use the UST for more rugged DH style riding and the LUST for everything else. It feels slow when you try to drive full on USTs up hills!

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Yep, I actually have LUST tyres on my bike running tubeless on UST rims without any sealant, as I didn't have any and couldn't be bothered to buy more. LUST is completely tubeless.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Fairy nuff – I stand corrected!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis UST vs LUST’ is closed to new replies.