Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Maxxis Tyres in the UK
  • nickc

My usual tyre-monger has the following message and very low stock levels! What gives?

“Owing to circumstances beyond of our control, there are no deliveries of Maxxis tyres for the foreseeable future into the UK.
    We are hoping for an early resolution to this problem and will try and post more information as soon as it becomes available.
    In the meantime feel free to browse our web site for other brands. Thanks for your patience”

kimbers

theyve changed distributor on account of them being naffand messing up some orders iirc

i mailed maxxis myself

You will need to contact our distributor Extra UK regarding your query although I believe they are currently awaiting stock. You can contact them on orders@extrauk.co.uk

Kind Regards,
    Channi

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Some ‘issues’ to resolve with their previous UK distributor (One Ind.) which are holding supply up with their new distributor. Whatever shops have left in stock is all they will have for a little while longer unfortunately.

cakefacesmallblock

Pleased to say , that barring a hishap, my tyres are ok for the time being.
    Hope this sorts out though. Would hate to have to choose between an Annoying Anders or a Grippy Graham. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

You could always buy from France.

Check out acycles, very well priced for 29in tyres I know.

ratherbeintobago

ld hate to have to choose between an Annoying Anders or a Grippy Graham.

There’s always Conti, you know…

tizzzzle
    Free Member

If you’re after a minion then try a wtb vigilante. Very similar characteristics, quite cheap and readily available

nairnster
    Free Member

Another vote for A cycles, my high roller 2 and ardent in 27.5 were cheaper than anywhere in Uk at the time, even with the delivery charge.

ononeorange

What’s the equivalent of a Larsen for a 29er? I want something reasonably fast rolling?

wallop

+1 France

Rorschach
    Free Member

What’s the equivalent of a Larsen for a 29er

Ardent race or ikon?

squoglybob
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a pair of MAXXIS TR EXO 3C Jobbies all the way from ARTS CYCLERY in the states, i tried all my usual haunts but nothing, Nextdaytyres, CRC & LBS but nowt,

Went as far as Germany to bikediscount.de and they had none, paid a premium kind of but with the $ inc delivery it worked out pretty much what i paid last year for some.

Previously i’ve used none Tubeless Ready and they leaked air, mainly DH cased HR2’s Minions in dual ply that arent that great to keep inflated.

The TR tyres are fit and forget, Months go by without as much as a snif of leaked air. Last week i noticed several wet patches on both tyres where the sealant had done its job, on closer inspection the side knobs were seperating from the carcass and there were a few bigger holes that had been plugged that i could see being a problem so i went further affield and they were ordered with 3 day delivery ?

I’ll keep you posted on that one !

zero-cool
    Free Member

Thank the gods I’ve still got a little stockpile of Minions at the moment. I don’t get on with any other brands they always seem to disappoint, either in performance or durability.

squoglybob
    Free Member

I know what you mean, I’ve tried meandering Mary’s and road biased Ralph’s but I can’t seem to get the confidence that I get from Maxxis.

The outer lugs are separating which makes the leap to hyperspace sketchy just lately, it’s that rollover onto the edges that takes some getting used to but once it drops onto the outer and bites its a relief I can tell you, others I’ve tried roll over and then continue to roll out or just wash out before then.

I’m off to the Alps and didn’t want to be sat there with a face like a slapped arse because i couldn’t get hold of tyres

Bought them on Weds morning and I have them in my hands now !
    That’s not bad service.

takisawa2

Just a shout to chapaking for the Acycles shout up there^^.

3C DHF Minions, £33ea.
    Mon PM order, Wed 9am delivery.
    For £2.99.
    Great service. 🙂

jacksprogis
    Free Member

BETD Goldtec have all maxxisin stock in stoke on trent.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Tyres in the UK’ is closed to new replies.