Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Maxxis tyres
  • quikydrew
    Free Member

I have the 2015 orange five with the conti trail king setup. 2.2 27.5.
    I replaced them with the new maxxis dhf minion front and high roller 2 rear.
    The minion only comes in 2.3 for 650b bikes but now it’s on it seeks skinnier than my old 2.2 conti. It measures out correct but looks skinny between the forks. Mega confused as people love this tyre setup

warpcow
    Free Member

Contis were oversized for a while. Maxxis were undersized. Both have gotten better recently. Whether a tyre is good or not has to do with a lot more than its size relative to what it replaces.

quikydrew
    Free Member

Yes there’s no doubt on it’s reputation it just looks like I’ve put a skinner tyre on when it’s in fact a bigger size and like you say they are more true to size now. Just looks wierd to me

beiciwr64
    Free Member

2.5 minion DHF?
    Sam Hill runs minions front and back,stick the 2.3 rear and the 2.5 on the front?.

quikydrew
    Free Member

Maxxis only list a 2.3 for 27.5 bikes in dhf

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Maxxis only list a 2.3 for 27.5 bikes in dhf

You assume their website is up to date….
    Link from op above.

warpcow
    Free Member

2.5 in 27.5 doesn’t come out until later this year, iirc.

edit: the ones linked above are dual-ply.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Link above has Minion DHF 2.5 says in stock now ?

euans2
    Free Member

Have you seen the weight of the 2.5 Minion DHF? Sam Hill uses it for a reason and that reason being that it is a Downhill tyre, I’d hate to use that on a trail bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

How do they ride?

warpcow
    Free Member

As above, non-dualply 2.5s not available until later this year.

quikydrew
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a downhill tyre 2.5. The others are a trail tyre with3c compound

quikydrew
    Free Member

It might be perfect as that’s what’s on the 3026 oranges now. It’s just I’m a bike shore and love the asthetics as well as performance

quikydrew
    Free Member

benpinnick

The new 2.5 DHFs should be out sooner than 2016 I expect as they are in production now, but it depends I guess on when the distro ordered them.

FYI they are running the new 35mm WT format, so not sure how they would ride on skinnier rims, probably OK I guess but who knows. Available in 3 compounds and one in DD casing too. Maxxis have some pretty nice stuff coming out.

Already got my 2.5 DHF 3C MaxxGripp DD WT EXO TR (how many acronyms?) samples ordered 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis tyres’ is closed to new replies.