Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis tyres
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

I need some tyres for mostly xc and occasional trail centr days. Can’t be bothered reading through each spec of maxxis tyre so which is suitable for me without going silly with prices?

northernmatt

Ignitors

CalamityJames
    Free Member

assuming they HAVE to be maxxis, advantages are a great all-rounder if you can’t be bothered to swap for different conditions. crossmark on the rear great for trail centres, though.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Ardent 2.25 on the front and a Crossmark on the rear for trail centres or when it’s a dry and another Ardent for when it’s wetter on natural stuff.

ThePinkster

Ignitors or Larsen TT. Both work brilliantly at trail centres.

leythervegas
    Free Member

I’ve just read that maxxis are the best. I want light tyres to shave a but of weight off my c456 but I’m open to other brands if they are highly recommended or on offer at an amazing price somewhere!

ThePinkster

IME Maxxis generally offer the best Price/Performance trade-off, and they’re normally my tyre of choice.

legend
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered reading through each spec of maxxis tyre

Wet Screams in that case

Kuco

I use Maxxis Advantage find them a good all round tyre.

chvck
    Free Member

Larsen TT is utterly brilliant everywhere bar mud IME! They’re bloody useless in the mud.

granny_ring

Got a new 2.25 Advantage for sale if you’re interested.
    I should have another one as well if I can find it….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Granted, not Maxxis, but you’d be hard pushed to find a better deal on Schwalbe Hans Dampfs at under £60 for the pair…

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k371/a88122/hans-dampf-evo-snake-skin-pacestar-trailstar-set.html?mfid=78

Another great allrounder IMHO.- Well worth a 2nd thought.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis tyres’ is closed to new replies.