Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maxxis Tyre size/volume?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Hey all
    I’m looking for a narrower tyre for the back of my Intense 6.6. I’m currently running Minion DHF 2.35 front (60a) and and an Ardent 2.25 rear.
    I’m thinking High Roller for the back and was wondering if anyone knows how the HR compares to the Ardent, size wise. The Ardent is quite big for a 2.25 so would I be better going with the 2.1 or 2.35 HR?
    Cheers
    Steve

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

2.35 HR is about the same size as a 2.35 Minion. 2.1 HR is really tiny.

Northwind

HR (not HR2) is an old Maxxis so the randomiser’s in full effect. 2.35 comes up well undersized, usually around the 2.15 mark so a little smaller than your Ardent.

nuke

Advantage 2.25 could be worth considering as well (Not a fan of HR myself) which is what I ran with a Minion front. Spesh Purgatory is another I would consider which I’m currently running after my Advantage wore out.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

But why?

stevied
    Free Member

The Ardent doesn’t leave a lot of clearance for muddy conditions so want something a little smaller for the winter..

davewalsh
    Free Member

HR & Minion use the same carcass so a 2.35 HR should be fine. Ardent and Advantage also use the same carcass so if clearance is a problem, you should be looking at a 2.1 Advantage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Tyre size/volume?’ is closed to new replies.