Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maxxis Tyre comparison
  • etna8
    Free Member

Maxxis mtb Ignitors vs Maxxis Crossmark. Which is faster, thoughts?

davewalsh
    Free Member

Never used crossmarks but have used igniters and didn’t think they were particularly fast. I’d say crossmarks.

rickon
    Free Member

Crossmarks obviously. Ignitors have taller knobs, so more flex and drag. Crossmarks are very low profile.

Grace
    Free Member

Ignoring the fact that the comparison is a bit 2010…it depends on the riding…crossmarks will be faster until you want to turn downhill…cross marks will also be faster when braking downhill…(not in a good way). Ignitors I found not particularly good at anything. I’d prefer a minion ss on rear with a minion DHF of Shorty on the front. But like I say…depends on the riding.

etna8
    Free Member

Thanks all, appreciate the contributions!

johnnystorm

Ignitors are draggy as heck for the grip they provide. At least crossmarks are quick some of the time.

BillOddie

Crossmark on the back and something bitey and grippy on the front. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppptastic!

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Ardent Race is a good one if you want fast rolling with cornering grip, more of a rear/rear situation though. The AR will be fine for XC/light trail duties up front though on hardpack terrain. HRII/other grippy tyre up front.

etna8
    Free Member

Cheers Butlerjamesp, was about to give up and go back to old schoolhutchies.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

no worries mucker.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Tyre comparison’ is closed to new replies.