Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maxxis tubeless ready tyres
  • jonnyrockymountain

Wanting some 650b ardents, which model is the tubeless ready version’s and cheapest place for them?

jairaj

I’ve been using normal folding bead Maxis tyres on tubeless ready rims for years with no issues. Been using Stans Crest rims for ages an recently moved over to Spank Oozy rims.

Beads seat with out too much trouble and sealant usually seals the tyre almost instantly. I’ve never woken up the next morning to find the tyres are flat again.

jonnyrockymountain

anyone else run there normal folding ones tubeless?

Clobber
    Free Member

Never had any issue making any type of ardent tubeless using stans fluid

nextdaytyres always give great service

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve used normal single ply Maxxis (Minion’s and Ardent’s) without any issues under normal riding. I did blow both off the rim doing DH @ FoD (probably due to a low tyre pressure) so now run EXO sidewalled Ardent’s, HR2’s and Minions. Not had a problem since and not too much extra weight. The TR version of the High Roller2 I have went up tubeless very easily and held pressure without sealant (to see how effective it was) but do use sealant in it now..

grubbish
    Free Member

I’ve only had trouble with non tubeless tyres when riding downhill runs as they tend to burp or come off easily when zipping round corners due to the extra pressure put on them, I’ve not as yet had issues with tubeless tyres they seem to sit better and grip the rim better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis tubeless ready tyres’ is closed to new replies.