Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • maxxis tryes what combo
  • karnali
    Free Member

looked at advantage, high rollers then just seen a suggested high roller rear crossmark front, what combinations are folks running, main ridin is in the lakes

ta

uplink
    Free Member

High Roller super tacky front, Advantage rear

thomthumb
    Free Member

high roller rear crossmark front – i would have thought other way round.

i like high roller(F) larsen tt(R) combo.

i’d like to try. crossmark(R) ardent(F) combo

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Schwalbe Fat Albert front, Advantage rear

Bit burly but loads of grip

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

ADvantage 2.1 front and back on my HT

TomB

Advantage 2.25 front and rear, hard tail, lakes based. Not tried other combos but more than happy!

nodrog2
    Free Member

Running 2.35 SP minion front (sometimes 60a, sometimes 42a), and an ardent 2.25 on the rear. Works very well on both the HT and the full sus. Tried a 2.25 advantage on the rear but prefer the ardent.

twang
    Free Member

nodrog2, how does the ardent2.25 compare in size to advantage2.25? I found the advantage massive!

nodrog2
    Free Member

Twang, ardent is pretty big for it’s 2.25 size, very similar in size to the advantage.

a11y

High Roller 60a 2.35 single-ply front
    ADvantage 2.25 62a rear
    On a 6″ full-bouncer

I started off with high rollers front and rear but managed to tear the sidewall out the rear tyre, so replaced with a spare ADvantage I had. Slightly less grip in deep mud, slightly less braking traction, but worth it for the reduction in rolling resistance IMO.

twang
    Free Member

They do look a fast summer option. Cheers nodrog2

giantjason
    Free Member

on my 6′ full sus in all weathers i run a high roller supertacky 42a 2.35 front and ignitor 60a 2.1 rear. Good grip and not much rolling resistance.

on my ss now the trails are dry i run 2.35 ingitor front and 2.1 medusa rear. When the trails are wet/muddy i run 2.1 medusa front and 1.8 medusa rear

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Ardent 2.25″ front and rear.

Good volume, grip and roll fast.

Ace tyres.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘maxxis tryes what combo’ is closed to new replies.