Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Maxxis Tomahawk on the rear?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Now things are drying up a bit I’m looking to get some faster rolling rubber on the bike.
    Was looking at a Minion SS for the back but see CRC have the DD Tomahawk on offer.
    Anyone running one/ran one on the back? Will probably go with either an Aggressor or DHF on the front..

GavinB

Been running a DHF front/Tomahwak rear for the past month or so. It’s pretty good (in the dry), and braking control seems reasonable. I would expect it to be a handful in the wet or mud though.

SirHC

Tried a tomahawk, felt completely different cornering to a minion, so swapping off a Minion DHF to a tomahawk didn’t really work for me, swapping to a minion ss is much easier, side knobs the same so the tyre works the same when cornering. Braking grip betweek the Tomahawk and the ss felt similar.

Didn’t like the aggressor on the front, it rolled the same as a minion, yet had less side bite. More suited to a rear tyre imho, makes more of a difference in rolling resistance on the back, bit less than a dhf.

beano68
    Free Member

I find the aggressor a much better rear tyre, more grip and its predictable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Tomahawk on the rear?’ is closed to new replies.