Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis shorty
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

first couple of rides on the new spectral at the weekend, got a shorty on the front and HR2 on the back. My local trails are muddy, rooty, grassy and more mud. Very impressed, seems very stable on all of the above.

Northwind

Yeah, first proper ride for me in the snowmud at innerleithen yesterday, really impressed. Hard to tell how much of that was from the ground conditions though. Excellent start.

superfli
    Free Member

Mate of mine was using a Shorty at the CoD enduro yesterday. I was using my Magic Mary. My MM filled with mud, his Shorty was impressively clear. Mind you the MM still gripped fine, just that it became very hard to roll.

sillyoldman

Yup – excellent tyre up front. looking forward to trying Conti Mud Kings in 29×2.3 with Apex casing when they become available. Soon hopefully…

hainman
    Free Member

Is this a kinda Do it all Or just more Mud specific?I ride a mixture of terrain and hate having to keep swapping my front from Magic mary to Wet Scream.

robbonzo
    Free Member

I love mine too. Wouldn’t use it in the summer perhaps, but I think you could leave it on the front for all conditions during winter/spring.

legend
    Free Member

hainman, think of it as Maxxis’ answer to the Muddy Mary – so a short spike that’ll work in most conditions

mactheknife

How wide are you guys finding it, i like a bit of chunk up front ;-0

hainman
    Free Member

Cheers Legend,Next Q,is it any better??

SirHC

They work well on all but the deepest of mud, way more versatile than a wet scream. They are good in the dry, much better than a scream.

Northwind

mactheknife – Member

How wide are you guys finding it, i like a bit of chunk up front ;-0

Wee bit undersize, about a 2.25 on my wide rims. That’s the 26 though.

euans2
    Free Member

first couple of rides on the new spectral at the weekend, got a shorty on the front and HR2 on the back. My local trails are muddy, rooty, grassy and more mud. Very impressed, seems very stable on all of the above.

Same bike and tyre combination for me too. I found with the HR2 and Ardent on the bike was very skitterish in muddy conditions, I put the HR2 on the rear and the Shorty on the front and the bike felt much more planted. I think when the weather gets a bit better I’ll put the Ardent back on the back but i’ll be keeping the Shorty on the front as the Tweed Valley never really dries out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis shorty’ is closed to new replies.