Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Maxxis Rekon+ vs Nobby Nic 2.8
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone tried both?

Is the Rekon tougher? Have a Nic with two big gashes in it after today…. Rekon is expensive but I’m. Wondering if it’ll cope better with heavy rear tyre landings on rocks

singlespeedstu

I’ve had one flint puncture on a 2.8NN.
    Rekons survived a week in the Alps and I’ve still not punctured yet.

jam-bo

As a hijack, does the rekon come up narrower than the nobby nic?

singlespeedstu

Both mounted on the same rim.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/BRrW2K]Nobby Nic 2.8[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EpUy6w]Rekon on Scraper.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

jam-bo

ta. NN is coming up 72-73mm on an alpkit rumpus.

honourablegeorge

Sounds promising Stu … on my phone, but they look same width too?

singlespeedstu

Yep same width.

honourablegeorge

Cool. Think I’ll have to fight tyre OCD for a bit. Always intended to get a 2.8 Minion up front when they arrive

honourablegeorge

Tyre OCD it has to be. Ordered a Rekon for the rear after the Nobby Nic let me down again.

Anyone seen a date for the 2.8 Minions or even a HR2? Want one of those up front

muggomagic

I messaged Maxxis UK a week or so back and they said they thought they’d be arriving imminently.

honourablegeorge

muggomagic – Member
    I messaged Maxxis UK a week or so back and they said they thought they’d be arriving imminently.

Cool, sounds promising. Hopefully they keep the pricing in check – seen some INSANE pricing on some sites for their plus tyres – £114.99 for the 3C Rekon on the normally-very-cheap UByk, £99.99 for the Dual. Paid 60 Euro for mine from the germans

muggomagic

Yes, I’d take the minions at the price from Germany but not paying £100 a tyre.

honourablegeorge

Oh baby

rOcKeTdOg

Got NN front rekon rear. Seems pretty good in the wet & rooty loan locally

muggomagic

Looks like the Maxxis Minions are starting to make their way into the shops (albeit in Australia and the US)

This mtbr forum user seems very happy with them Link

honourablegeorge

Yeah, sounds encouraging.

Hoping the Rekon is tough enough for the rear of the hardtail and I’ll stick a Minion up front. Maybe the DHR2 on the rear, failing that, but would prefer somethign faster rolling

honourablegeorge

Hmm… just fitted a Rekon on the rear – MAHOOOSIVE yellow logo making me itch all over with tyre OCD. Nice square profile to it, bit it’s rather narrow compared to a 2.9 Nic – 67ishmm versus just under 71, both on XM551s.

Do they stretch a little over time?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Rekon+ vs Nobby Nic 2.8’ is closed to new replies.