Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Maxxis Minions is it right to put the rear on Backward??
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Just a question as i have had it mentioned to me that if i am running Minions F+R its a good idea to put the rear on backwards….is there and truth in this?

steveh

Not that i've ever heard. Minions are best two fronts both the right way IMHO.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Thanks will mount them as you mentioned

Alphabet

I've always put mine (F+R) the right way round. But then I know nothing.

Janesy
    Free Member

Bike shop put mine on backwards just befoer my Alps trip. not happy as they probably made a mistake.

simonm
    Free Member

what minion R's like on the rear in terms of rolling resistance ? would you put um on your bike for a 25mile Peak/Lakes ride ?

ahwiles
    Free Member

don't know, try it and report back…

Hard going for XC use, esp if super tackys.

simonm
    Free Member

wouldn't dream of any XC ride with ST on.. ouch !

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

MTFU i have a super tacky on the front on my full bouncer, done a few long rides on it, just makes you work harder, on the plus side never lose traction up front like i used to!

james
    Free Member

Just on looking at them (I've never used them), as per the minion dhf, (and high rollers, nevegals, any ramped traded tyre), running the ramps/the tyre forward will give better rolling resistance, better braking traction but lesser pedalling (and cornering?) traction
    Running ramps/tyre backward will give better pedalling (and cornering?)traction but lesser braking traction and more rolling resistance

toons
    Free Member

Not sure about backwards. But I run a dhr on the front, i found it washes out less than a dhf

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Minion fronts, front and back, both the right way round.
    Super tacky minions were quite hard work on the Dyfi, but ace on the DH.
    Now running a 2.25 cross mark on the back, which is holding up well.

nodrog2
    Free Member

DHR on the front toons? Interesting. Never seen anyone run the DHR up front, if it works for you though…..

Xylene
    Free Member

My Geax Barro Mountains have a little sign on them with an arrow saying <–grip speed–>

Xylene
    Free Member

My Geax Barro Mountains have a little sign on them with an arrow saying <–grip speed–>

sam42
    Free Member

exactly what Mal-ec said, even down to the 2.25 crossmark now on my back wheel,

simonm
    Free Member

Supertacky is a DH compound, no place on a Trail bike, MTFU and ride a 60a on the rocky descents !!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minions is it right to put the rear on Backward??’ is closed to new replies.