Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Maxxis Minion DHR on the front
  • thegman67

Will I notice any difference in the bikes handling or grip by running a rear on the front

Bucko

There’s only one way to find out…

xiphon
    Free Member

DHR on the front is a popular dry track choice for DH’ers.

mikey74
    Free Member

Really? I didn’t think anyone bothered with the DHR and just went with DHF front and back.

shamus
    Free Member

I really like my DHR on the rear, way more then the High Rollers.

And I hated a highroller out front so I’ll be sticking with DHF’s on the front, or maybe some Hans Dampfs when these are gone (Supertackys, won’t be long!) as that seems to be the STW approved tyre of the moment.

Speeder

No question about it. You will die!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The original DHR was a terrible tyre. I wouldn’t want to run one anywhere.

The DHR2 is mint though. I’m running em F&R now, it’s that good. Lots of people running them out front too.

scottfitz
    Free Member

The original DHR was a terrible tyre. I wouldn’t want to run one anywhere.

+1

Northwind

xiphon – Member

Honestly never seen it, except when someone just had no other tyres.

sharkattack

Minion DHF is the worst front tyre ever.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Blasphemy!

DHF’s are epic!

chiefgrooveguru

DHR2 looks like a great front tyre!

legend
    Free Member

xiphon – Member

DHR on the front is a popular dry track choice for DH’ers

It really isn’t. It isn’t even a popular choice on the rear.

kudos100
    Free Member

Lay of the drugs, I think you are getting fantasy and reality mixed up.

Speeder

I remember seeing Dan Atherton racing Schladming WC on Minion Rears – it was practice and there’s no guarantee that he raced on them but he was still going faster than any of you lot.

sharkattack – Member

And this proves it – right?

😆

thegman67

That will do for me

sharkattack

2 front end wash outs.
    2 world champ gold medals down the drain.

They’re probably alright for mincing around on. They have less drag than a High Roller but they have soooo much sideways movement when you’re trying to push on it’s just scary.

Speeder

Did Peaty ever use Minions? I was sure he was a High Roller user more than anything.

Besides my comment was tongue in cheek – they were the tyres of choice under the fasteest rider in the World for a long time and I’m not sure you can say they are the “worst front tyre ever” with any justification. There’s a lot of races that didn’t end up in the dirt on the last corner where the rider ended on the podium so 1 or 2 isolated incidents don’t make your point.

There’s probably better front tyres out there now but at the time Minions were pretty much it.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They’re probably alright for mincing around on. They have less drag than a High Roller but they have soooo much sideways movement when you’re trying to push on it’s just scary

Yeah, Sam Hill minced around for years on Minions, back in the Iron Horse days. What a squid he was, I mean, he won nothing at all…

sharkattack

Did Peaty ever use Minions?

Yes I believe he started the trend for running a pair of fronts. I specifically remember all my Sheffield based mates jumping on that bandwagon the way only teenagers with too much pocket money can.

I’m not sure you can say they are the “worst front tyre ever” with any justification

I don’t really but it winds people up.

I’ve used them and I hate them. Way too much sideways slippage for me. The range of conditions they work in might be extremely narrow or something but I’ve never found it. I just don’t know why you’d put one on the front of a DH bike for general use when a High Roller is many, many times better in almost all conditions.

Speeder

Ok I bit. 😳

This almost needs it’s own what tyres for . . * ? thread

* crashing out of the lead of the World Champs on

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve never really gelled with Minions either and have always got on better with High Rollers (which I think bite much better in corners than the Minion).

Not sure that I’d fancy running a rear one on the front…but then I don’t even like the rear one on the rear.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minion DHR on the front’ is closed to new replies.