Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maxxis minion 2.5 exo st tubeless?
  • simon80
    Free Member

Hi,
    Bit disappointed with my Continental Baron projekts in 26″. Rear blew off the rim twice, and the front which has been OK burped in a really slow speed situation on Thursday.
    My dhf and dhr2 3c minions have been spot on before, but I’m looking for a little more front grip/volume.
    Has anyone run 2.5 exo supertacky minions tubeless before? If so, how did it go?

hairyscary

I run one one the front. No problems regarding burping, but I do run about 25psi and weigh about 79kg. Only issue I’ve had was ripping a sidewall, although in reality I should have been running dual ply on the trail I did it on.

stevied
    Free Member

2.4″ DHR2 ST EXO single ply tubeless here, no problem at all tubeless. Went up easily, stayed up

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dhf St in exo 2.5 great all round, it’s currently loving the Rotorua hero dirt but must tyres do. Rattle it down a rocky mountain 2 – 3 times a week with little respect and consideration and it’s hanging in fine

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Running one in UK here. I’ve heard the DHR is a grippier front tyre, but I wanted the larger volume up front. It’s a weird tyre to get used to, very grippy when it wants to be, but can give way every now and then. Mind you, don’t think I have had dry conditions to test it with in the last couple of months :-). I’ve had it as low as 18psi and no burps on Hope Enduro rim.

zero-cool
    Free Member

We’re running them tubeless in our household. The GF is 60kg and runs hers at about 20/25psi whereas I’m 90kg and run mine at 30/30 (but then I don’t like my tyres to squirm so would be running about that if they had tubes anyway). No problems here. She’s on E13 rims and I’m on Mavic 321s

Tom kp

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Think your question has been answered but I’m 89kg, run one on the front about 27psi, not had s problem with it and mounted up incredibly easy on a flow rim. As it’s not TR, I would put in bit of extra sealant in you’re buying new and it’ll initially need to seal all those little holes first (you’ll be surprised how much sealant that actually tkes on a tyre that size.

nuke

2.5 exo supertacky minion

Great tyre imo…i run them on the front in the uk and overseas trips (Molini and similar). No issue setting up tubeless (Flow rim)…went up and stayed up easy

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, think I’m going to try it.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I have run one on a flow ex, no problems to report 🙂

Northwind

Don’t know about the smaller one but I have the 29er, it’s pretty damn good- big volume, awesome grip except on sloppy mud, and doesn’t roll as bad as you’d think. But it’s a wee bit pingy in rocks, which I really didn’t expect from it, it can be a bit distracting sometimes. Still, very good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis minion 2.5 exo st tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.