Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • maxxis maxxlite 310 or furious fred or bonty XR0 or thunder burt/???
  • xcretro
    Free Member

need some feedback on any of the tyres listed above please, cant decide which to go for, looking for a lightweight summer xc/race tyre to compliment the lightweight dt xrc1250 carbon race wheels i’m running.

anyone any views/opinions, experience with any of these tyres that can pass on would be greatly appreciated prior to purchase.

njee20
    Free Member

The Thunder Burt is closer to an all rounder, the other three are absolute dry weather only tyres. IMO the Maxxlites are well overpriced and the least usable of the lot.

Freds aren’t bad, of limited use on the front unless it’s very easy terrain or you’re a very good rider.

I’ve got a pair of completely unused XR0s and a Fred in VGC if of interest.

xcretro
    Free Member

Thanks for that info. Very helpful. Are the xro’s the team issue tubeless compatible versions and if so what would you want for them posted? Cheers

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, £35 posted.

xcretro
    Free Member

Would you go to 30 posted please or consider a swap of some kind?

onandon
    Free Member

Kenda klimax were always my fave super light tire for summer use. They were much better than the fast and furious Fred’s I used. Maxxis 330s cut too easily.
    XRo and xr1 were also good.

xcretro
    Free Member

Njee20. Are they the 2.1 or the 1.9?

njee20
    Free Member

YGM – save spamming the thread even more!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘maxxis maxxlite 310 or furious fred or bonty XR0 or thunder burt/???’ is closed to new replies.