Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maxxis MaxTerra compound
  • Yetiman
    Free Member

Anyone running MaxTerra compound Maxxis tyres? Preferably a Minion DHR, and preferably on the rear, but any feedback welcome.

Ta

tmb467
    Free Member

got a HR2 to put on but not had the chance yet

so this is of no use to you 🙁

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve run a 3C Minion up front before and it was awesome. Sticky on the roots and rocks but not too draggy – unlike Super Tacky ones.

I’ve got a newer 3C MaxTerra Minion DHF that I was planning on sticking out back if I don’t get on with the stock Specialized tyres on the back of my new bike. I’ve run a regular 60a DHF Minion out back before and it was a great tyre.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have used a 3C DHF and a MaxTerra DHF on the front didn’t get on with either of them.

The older 3C had a really dodgy transition from the hard centre compound onto the softer shoulder. Like the gap in the old High Rollers you could ride through it once you knew it was there but I didn’t like it. The MaxTerra was different but could still feel the treadblocks squirming in a slightly unsettling kind of way

Prefer the single compound Minions any day

Yetiman
    Free Member

Cheers. I’m running a WTB Vigilante on the front, which I really like, so I’m looking at either another Vigilante for the back, or the Minion DHR 2. I haven’t really been keeping up to speed with Maxxis tyres, so I wasn’t aware of the MaxTerra compound until yesterday when I started searching for deals, but I think I’ll just go for the standard version if I decide on the Minion. The other factor that’s swaying me towards the Minion is the EXO casing. My EXO Ardent has proved to be pretty tough so I’m hoping the Minion will be the same but with more outright grip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis MaxTerra compound’ is closed to new replies.