Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • MAxxis Larson TT on the rear, what on the front??
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

want a nice low drag UST for the rear so decided on the TT. Whats good as a partner for the front (must be UST).

never done a 'what tyre' thread so no need too lay into me!

Its going on the BFe btw.

will1
    Free Member

I use Larson's front & rear with no problems.

nickegg
    Free Member

I went for 2.25 Crossmark on the rear and 2.35 ignitor on the front for my UST wheelset.

A superb combo so far although it's relatively early days. Havn't ridden in proper muddy conditions only a very wet Whites Level and July Trail.

chameleon78
    Free Member

I use 2.35 TT on the rear with a 2.35 High Roller Super Tacky on the front and its a pretty awesome combination

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

If you wanna keep it Maxxis, how about an Aspen?

Phatman
    Free Member

All these answers but no ones asked you what kind of surfaces or terrain you usually ride.

Personally I currently match a 2.3 rear Larsen with a 2.35 High Roller. Half and half mix of hardpack trails with loose and rooty surfaces. Embrace the drift in the loose stuff for the benefits of faster roll on the hard pack. With a front end that'll stick in pretty much all conditions.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Advantage? Currently have a crossmark on the rear and advantage up from – both 62a, 2.1" – great in the dry.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I'm using a 2.3 Michelin Dry X (£9.99 from On-one) on the front of my HT with a 2.0 Larsen UST on the back with good results. Really swift (compared to the ST Swampys that came off!) and worked through some real rough stuff on the Lochan Fada circuit last weekend without issue.

While the Michey isn't UST, it inflated with a track pump with latex but no tube no bother and hasn't lost any significant pressure or burped since I fitted it.

2.35 Minion and 2.1 Crossmark on the FS for big mountain days! CBM on Sunday will be a good test.

br
    Free Member

I've a Larsen on the back, and a Nobby Nic on the front – and RR once it harden's up a bit more.

One of my buddies runs a Larsen rear, SB8 front combo.

ds3000
    Free Member

Got a single ply 2.5 highroller on the front, been thinking of getting a Larson tt for the rear for a while to replace a 2.35 hr. Does the Larson grip well on rocks and the like?

t-p26
    Free Member

Put Larson on rear for "drier" conditions. High Roller on the front all year round. Keepin it MAXXIS 😉

sam_commencal
    Free Member

I have larsen 2.1 rear and high roller front 2.35. It's a nice combo and I have managed to use it all year round so far – mostly trail centre riding

rOcKeTdOg

bonty zr on two bikes (one 29er) bike fire xc pro on another

pinches
    Free Member

2.35 high roller up front, with 2.0 larsen TT out back

vrapan
    Free Member

2.35 Ignitor on the front, 2.25 Crossmark on the back but I much prefer the 2.1 Crossmark on the back, the 2.25 is pretty big, bigger than the 2.35 Ignitor.

Gordymac
    Free Member

I run a 2.0 Larsen TT Lust on the rear like you do and a 2.1 Advantage Lust up front. Very good front tyre indeed and a good combination.

GOrdymac

mboy
    Free Member

Sticking with Maxxis, these would be my recommendations…

2.35 Ignitor
    2.35 High Roller (60 or 42a, folding/single ply/dual ply, your choice)
    2.35 Minion (Same options as above)
    2.25 Ardent
    2.25 Advantage

You don't need to worry about the UST thing with Maxxis as they seal up so well with a bit of sealant in anyway.

sputnik
    Free Member

As above, Go for Ignitor in 2.35 flavour up front.

Would have gone for a Crossmark if it was in a dryer climate , like Spain or South Africa…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘MAxxis Larson TT on the rear, what on the front??’ is closed to new replies.