Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maxxis Larsen tyres- Users opinions, good and bad?
  • hora
    Free Member

Was thinking of the hard compound on 2.35’s. How grippy are the Larsens on the front? As in over loose rocks etc? I changed my Maxxis Swampthing for a Moutain King on the front today and it felt very drifty compared.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

even with the brakes on pushing down hill?

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve just gone from a Michelin 2.2 to a Larsen 2.0 on the rear (UST at about 28psi) & am very impressed, it gives almost the same grip for a lot of weight saved – it does slip sooner on the muddy stuff but its not a mud tyre so & its smaller so I can live with that.
    Thinking of changing my front High roller for one but its only 2 months old, maybe if the summer stays dry!

hora
    Free Member

snaps I was thinking that. I only swapped out my beloved swampthing this morning due to the dusty dry weather! With the narrow width do you have any tracking or other problems? I’m guessing you are on a full susser?

Racing Ralph my bike is pushed around alot! Yesterday around the South Lakes and today around the Hope Tour 😀

snaps
    Free Member

Yes its on an XM819 on a full sus, no tracking or other problems but I did fall off & hit a tree today after loosing the front but thats my crap riding not the tyres!

project
    Free Member

Got some from Merlin cyles on the good report of the downhill lad there, good grip, good wearing, dont pump them up hard or they slip on rocks.
    Fast rolling on fire tracks and roads , pump up hard.

hora
    Free Member

Project/snaps can you still get away with single ply (pressures/pinch flats) then? I don’t really want to go the double-ply route.

snaps
    Free Member
    meehaja
    Free Member

I raced cyclespeedway with a set of these for a while… I liked them (skinny ones mind) nice and predictable, slipped when you’d expect etc…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Larsen tyres- Users opinions, good and bad?’ is closed to new replies.