Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maxxis ikon 2.35 exo on stans crest
  • g5604
    Free Member

About to click buy on these, just wondering if anyone has had success running them on Stans Crests? Would it be easier to mount the 2.2’s and should I get the tubeless ready one’s?

Clobber
    Free Member

They go on no problem but are big, check your frame for clearance, EXO carcass goes up tubeless very well with some sealant. SO it depends where you are riding if you are riding where you need exo, buy the exo! if not save some weight on tubeleess ready non-exo variety

g5604
    Free Member

thanks Clobber, I have a cotic soul, so loads of clearance.

You can get the EXO (which I think i need) in TR or standard: http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/MAXXIS-IKON-MTB-26/161

Clobber
    Free Member

I would be looking at tubelessready as this would be the latest version

BUT… I have never had any issue getting any EXO tyre to go tubeless, so you can save a few quid by the looks of it.

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve got a 3C EXO Ikon 2.35 set-up tubeless on a Crest rim on the back of my full-susser, it took more effort to inflate than the TR-Ready High Roller on the front, but has been faultless in the six months since. An excellent rear tyre in my opinion, far more grippy than it looks.

g5604
    Free Member

thanks Paceman, are you using the TR version?

Paceman
    Free Member

Nope, the standard EXO version.

campbellwalsh
    Free Member

I recently put the 2.35 Ikon (exo tr) on a Stans ArchEX 29er rim (same width etc as a Crest) as a rear tyre.

Seems great. Love the fact it is big volume, yet still pretty fast tread. Ideal as a rear for summer Peak District (or similarly rocky) riding.

Went up easy first time tubeless with track pump.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis ikon 2.35 exo on stans crest’ is closed to new replies.