• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by 69er.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Maxxis Ignitor Tyres
  • Taff
    Free Member

I recently placed an order for a Maxxis Ignitor as I've always loved the High Rollers on the dh bike but the order has been delayed. I'm kind of hoping they will be the xc equivalent.

Have any of you guys used these and if so what are your opinions? I'm wondering whether its worth finding another tyre or just waiting for the tyres to come back into stock.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

OK on the rear. Fast rolling e.t.c but pretty sketchy in mud + wouldn't like one on the front hitting wet slate/roots. Liking Ardents just now.

stumpyjon

Mmm not got on too well with mine, seem sketchy in all conditions, I've gone back to High Rollers. Might go for a Hign Roller on the front with am Ignitor on the back though.

knottie8
    Free Member

Im not a fan either, they seem to lack sideways stablity on the back but then maybe you'll like that .

peakmonster
    Free Member

Not great in damp muddy conditions but a really good dry tyre for bike parks etc.
    Can make front poor on turn in if ground is damp, tread not argessive on corner of tyre.

Taff
    Free Member

hmmm… wiggle have finally processed my order after two weeks of waiting. Found loads of positive repsonses when I was buying them and now all I'm finding are negative. It'll be going on the back with a Bonty ACX up front. Guess all I cna do is try it. It may be ok for around here but sounds like it'll be useless in Wales though.

Bring back Panaracer Smoke and Dart Magic never had any isues with them… 🙄

hicksville
    Free Member

They are a decent tyre especially on the rear. Used mine in the pryeenes in May okay in tarmec, good on hardpack, okay in mud intresting in snow.

knott4me
    Free Member

run the lust version & love them.

if someone does ever find a tyre that works in the MUD or indeed on wet rock or even better wet roots (yes thats allways a good one) let me know as ill make a fooking fortune .

guys there is no chance a bike tyre will ever be good in mud unless its massive & weights a ton.litrally

hazeii
    Free Member

Great tyres; good all-rounders, I'd have to think very hard to think of a better choice if limited to one tyre all year around. Maybe not the best if you ride in mud a lot is about the only downside I can think of.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Depends where you ride and what the conditions are like i guess. I've had Ignitors front and rear since last autumn and find them pretty good as all rounders. I know they won't work well in deep heavy mud, but we don't get that round here. Give 'em a go, you might like 'em!

Taff
    Free Member

Don't reaslly get a lot of thick nud around here, lots of hard pack and dusty stuff but maybe some slippery clay which any tyre will suffer on. Just waiting on delivery so will let you know how I get on

woodsman
    Free Member

I tried one a few years ago, thought it was a good all rounder, wore a bit quick is my memory, and that I thought it gripped well!

Dougal
    Free Member

Love them on the front, horrible on the back IME. Good in muddy conditions, as well as rock and all others.

PJ266
    Free Member

Good tyres, bit slidy but not Break-away-with-no-warning slidy. I used them on wet slate, deep mud and all manner of shit.

Milkie
    Free Member

I've got them on front & rear. Find them great most of the time, I've found they do tend to slide, but it is a nice predictable slide. As said above, it gets interesting/fun in the wet mud/roots/rocks.

I'm looking to change the front for a different type and stick with it on the rear. Especially after Ashton Court on Friday, front washed out (i couldn't see my front tyre, only mud), knee's hit the rocks, lost my garmin and now have a bad neck. Found the garmin after 20 mins of searching, and now can't ride until the weekend. I blame the tyre, not my rubbish skills. 🙂

69er
    Free Member

Use them all year round, love 'em. Let some pressure out in the mud and they're good all round tyres.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ignitor Tyres’ is closed to new replies.