Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 undersized ?
  • smaca
    Free Member

Had been running ADvantages (2.1 LUST) front and rear.

Been happy with them, but needed a new rear, so I decided I’d go for something a bit larger up front for rocky peak rides.

Plumped for 2.35 LUST Ignitors, and was a bit disappointed when I aired them up and found they are smaller than the ADvantages 🙁 (They are neither as tall or as wide)

Anyone else noticed this?

Northwind

Old maxxis- all measured with a rubber ruler. It’s not a universal rule but by and large, if a maxxis tyre comes in 2.25 and 2.4, it’ll be fairly accurate. But if it came in 2.35, it’ll be undersized.

(Highroller 2.7 measures 2.5, the 2.5 measures barely over 2.35, and the 2.35 is about 2.15. Haven’t measured the 2.1 but if it’s not 1.9, I’d be disappointed!)

smaca
    Free Member

No wonder they call it the “high roller”, a 2.5 that is actually a 2.35, is bound to roll better than a 2.5 that actually is a 2.5 🙂

While I could send the Ignitor back, I’ll give it a whirl. The ADs have stood up well so far to the rocks, and the difference in blown up size is probably a couple of mm.

I really like the Maxxis LUSTs. When it comes time to change again I just need to just find one with a bit more volume.

Si

jairaj

FWIW – I love Maxxis Ignitors my favourite tyre by far. Seem to have as much grip as the High Roller but better rolling and more predicable when they will let go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 undersized ?’ is closed to new replies.