Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Maxxis Ignitor (2.1) – any opinions?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

as above folks – anyone have an opinion? are they worth a go? are they low volume 2.1's etc….

cheers!

Ben

stayhigh

I've used these tyres for my Rocky Mountain Slayer for about 2 years in both standard and LUST flavours. I like the tyres and find they offer me good grip and speed throughout the year in all conditions. I have ridden them in Wales at CYB, Penmachno, Marin Trail with no complaints.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

cool – what do you think about the volume are the big/small 2.1s?

penguinni

Recently fitted them to the front and rear on my Blur and they are excellent.

Jamie
    Free Member

Run the 2.35s LUSTS very nice tyres. Will probably swap down to the 2.1s shortly.

hp_source

Run a 2.1 on the front of my full susser, great tyre for most conditions, roll pretty well on the road too.

t-p26
    Free Member

Survived a raging across the south of France last year in the 2.35 form

numplumz
    Free Member

Bigger than avg volume, very underated tyres in dry rocky terrain, and suprising light for their toughness.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

running 2.35 ust's.Excellent all round/year tyre.

IA

Great all rounder on the front, prefer an ADvantage or crossmark on the back.

specialone
    Free Member

Had a 2.1 which was pretty small in my opinion, so changed to 2.35 and love them

Artillerydave
    Free Member

Loads of us in the Woollybacks (www.thewoollybacks.co.uk) use them and really rate them for Northern riding. (Rivi / Dele / Peaks / Lakes) a good all rounder tyre (if such a thing exists!)

whytetrash

Ok for speed, ok in the dry, fragile sidewalls, let go a bit unpredictably on wet slabs I found Aspens way better all rounder and Hi Rollers better for rougher terrain.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got both 2.35" and 2.1" exception series Ignitors, cracking tyres in the dry and on single track, not exaclty my fave on rocks but bloody good tyres.

Light, fast, and go up easy on ghetto tubeless too.

Not as big as newer Maxxis or normal Schwalbe tyres in volume though

racing_ralph
    Free Member

fragile and not too grippy in the peak

tthew

Went to 2.35 on the front, has a more chunky tread pattern, (fewer ramps, obviously less important to have low rolling resistance in a larger volume tyre) but stuck with 2.1 out back. I think they are lower volume than other brands of the same size, (2.35 way smaller than the on-one cheapy Michelin Dry 2.3) but my choice for all round riding.

Reluctant
    Free Member

2.1 Exceptions here front and back for the last year or so. I find them slightly small for a 2.1 . They work very well in Swinley's dry sandy soil. Front rails well if you keep it weighted, rear drifts predictably – light and roll fast too. I'm guessing they wouldn't cope well with mud/clay soil types.

rangerbill

I have a 2.1 one on the back and a high roller on the front and find its an excellent combo, long XC, sloppy winter night rides, dry trail centres. I've got some continentals on the bike now but find it a bit sketchy so might dig out the MAXXIS again

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ignitor (2.1) – any opinions?’ is closed to new replies.