Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maxxis HiRoller 2.35 how wide really?
  • integerspin
    Free Member

I have 2.25 Maxxis Advantages on my rock lobster and they really are the most I would want to stuff in between the stays. The back is bald as a coot and I have seen some 2.35 HiRollers for sale, how wide are they really?

I just checked a few different 2.25 tyres:
    worn out Advantages at an actual 2.25″ maximum width.
    Nobby Nic at 2.1
    Rocket Ron 2.1
    Hi Roller at 2.0

I wonder if someone with a 2.35 hi roller and a caliper could check the width?

Leku
    Free Member

2.35 High Roller 55mm at their widest point

warpcow
    Free Member

Old 2.35 is more like 2.1-2.2. New 2.3 is about right.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I haven’t measured the actual size but my High Roller 2.35 (26″) are not as big as the Ardent 2.25 (26″) on the same rim.

Northwind

2.15 when I measured mine. (2.7 highroller measures 2.5, 2.5 highroller measures close to 2.35!)

br
    Free Member

Depends on the rim width it is mounted on.

FWIW on a Flow EX rim both a HR II 2.4 and HR 2.35 had the same ‘width’, but the 2.35 was almost 10mm lower in profile.

Northwind

b r – Member

Depends on the rim width it is mounted on.

Not very much, though. It effectively increases the circumference (well, nearly) so translates into a much smaller change in radius.

benpinnick

^ This. 5mm on the internal width of a rim means only 1mm wider (from my own tests).

ampthill

From memory all Maxxis tyres have an accurate size in mms molded in. These measurements are consistent between the new and the old. Unlike the large colour full size in inches

But they aren’t very wide

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis HiRoller 2.35 how wide really?’ is closed to new replies.