Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maxxis Highroller on Stans Crests (BURPING)
  • younggeoff

Hi all, running Highroller folders on Stans Crest rims and have had 2 completely burp off on me resulting in completely flat front tyre which is a bit disconcerting.

Anyone else had similar problems

Rorschach
    Free Member

Big tyre (2.35?)+narrow rim+low pressure=Burpage.
    Using just yellow tape?Put a rim strip and a bit more air in and should be o.k.

mintimperial

Nope. Running exactly the same setup with yellow tape for the past few months, done several hundred miles on them in the Peak and no burps at all.

What pressure you running? I’ve kept mine up at about 30 psi, cos I don’t like squirmy tyres.

jackal
    Free Member

Big tyre (2.35?)+narrow rim+low pressure=Burpage

The 2.35 highroller is quite narrow, comes up more like 2.1 at most and the crest is wider than most xc rims 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Never had a tyre burp off a Stans rim – Olympic, Flow or Arch (using loads of different tyres from Nobby Nic, Ralph, Dirty Dan, Kenda Excavator, Maxxis Advantage, Conti Rubber Queen, Vertical).

Usually run them at around 30-35 as well and occassionally down to 25

younggeoff

It was a front tyre running at around 30psi, it’s tubed up at the moment but’ll reseal and give it another go

nasher
    Free Member

I think its down to the folding bead.

I have the very same problem with proper tubeless tyres.

I use wire bead tyres as they do not flex off the rim as easily in heavy cornering or rocky terrain

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I frequently burp from crest/2.35 maxxis at 30psi. More pressure sorts it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Highroller on Stans Crests (BURPING)’ is closed to new replies.