Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maxxis Ardent 2.4s on my Inbred for Autumn/Winter what are they like?
  • RaveyDavey
    Free Member

As above really, considering these as the ground is getting really wet now and I found my summer rubber lacking up on the Clwyds yesterday. I know they'll be good off road but how draggy are they on the hard pack? Are they worse or better than say kenda nevegal stick e's. Or can you recommend something more suitable? Thanks.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i think they'd clog the frame, at least on the rear. they're pretty big. i had to take my 2.35 TTs off the inbred last winter because of rear end cloggage! 😯

glenh
    Free Member

Aren't Ardents more of a dry condition tyre? They have fairly shallow tread blocks.
    Having said that I've used a 2.25 in damp conditions and found it surprisingly grippy (especially on wet rock), but not great in mud.
    The Advantage is probably better in the wet due to bigger tread blocks.

2.4s will be huge btw. They blow up big.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I ride mainly on moorland and its usually quite boggy I've had Ignitors on for the summer but am all over the place on them now 😳 I was considering Minions or High Rollers but thought they might be too draggy. The old legs aren't what they were!!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Trailrakers? 2.1" won't cause too many clearance issues and great in mud. Draggy on hard-pack though

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Are they quite useful? I haven't used Panaracers since I had some Smoke and darts back in the day 😀 they were quite good tho. I was really looking for something a bit bigger than 2.1 maybe a 2.25 as 2.4 considered a bit huge for my frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ardent 2.4s on my Inbred for Autumn/Winter what are they like?’ is closed to new replies.