Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • maxxis ardent 2.25 29er tyres
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

fitted them this morning, was slightly worried they might be a big on the big side for my scandal – needn’t have worried, the volume is smaller than the conti 2.2 race kings I took off! so happy all round. aired up tubeless first time, were much easier to get on the rim than the conti’s too.

lets hope they ride well!

AlexSimon

Nice one – I bet they’ll be great. Loving my 26″ versions.
    (although they are heavier and draggier than my previous Nobby Nics).

MrTall
    Free Member

I have a rear 2.25 on my Salsa and think it’s pretty good. Also got a 2.4″ to try but have not picked it up yet.

Happy so far but i seem to recall Ton saying the sidewalls can tear very easily but having said that, i’m sure he puts a bit more weight through his tyres than most riders so i’m hoping mine will be fine….

tazzymtb

Very nice tyre but way too heavy for me, but the chap who had them from me (for some beers and energy bars) loves them.

any tyre over 600 grams and I start to twitch as it sets off my weight weenie alarm 😕

need to find light 29er winter tyres now

M6TTF
    Free Member

LOL – any sub 600 gram 29er tyre must be weaved with snail silk! you must obviously ride lighter than me 😉

they’re only 650gms according to the stats (not weighed them myself though) non lust BTW

tazzymtb

you must obviously ride lighter than me like a great big mincy woofty mincer from mincington

gamo
    Free Member

Love the tread/grip but have torn two standard folders very easily,
    got a couple of the new exo sidewall one’s and for a little bit extra
    weight they seem far more substantial,very easy to run tubeless too!
    26″ size versions.

singlespeedstu

The 2.4 EXO version’s a fantastic tyre.

rOcKeTdOg

interesting in thick gloopy warwickshire mud this morning, but they clear well (well the rider gets covered as it flicks off)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘maxxis ardent 2.25 29er tyres’ is closed to new replies.