Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Maxxis Advantage tubeless?
  • nathaneddy
    Free Member

Anyone set these up and had luck?

mattbenson1
    Free Member

Yep- I have, but with normal Advantages, not tubeless specific though. Work well but leak air ever so slightly which isn’t too much of a problem 😀

Northwind

Folding 2.4 Exos went up pretty much instantly for me, like a TLR tyre.

mattmbk
    Free Member

Run them on Crossrides with a Stans kit for 2 years. No problems at all. No more leaky than any other tyre I’ve used.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’m running one as a front tyre on a Stan’s Crest rim. No problems, but not the easiest to inflate as they have baggy lightweight walls. I use sealant so no significant issues with leakage.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Advantage Exceptions here. No probs until the sealant dried out, then it was Mountain rescue to the rescue! 🙄

davewalsh
    Free Member

Done a 2.1 folding 60a eXCeption on a Mavic XM719 with a stans standard rim strip. Needed to use a compressor to seat the beads, once seated had zero problems in use.

druidh
    Free Member

Easy peasy on Stans ZTR355s. Inflated first time with a track pump and hold air no problem.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

lovely, will give it a go.
    hopefully no mountain rescue needed. . .

djflexure

I had no joy

bigjim

no problems with mine

thenewdude1
    Free Member

I have an ADvantage 2.1 foldable. I used it a few times for the front on my hardtail, on a ZTR Crest rim. It worked well and I felt it grips better than a 2.4 WTB Mutano I tried to convert the advantage to tubeless and (to my surprise) it popped off the rim (twice). This is my first conversion so I may have done something wrong however the guy that helped me with the other wheel (ZTR Alpine) said that I put Stan’s tape nicely and the tyre should have not popped off the rim. It popped at about 50-60 psi so maybe it was my fault?
    before it popped it seemed to fit nicely but I am still a little surprised. It is my first tyre that pops off the rim, ever.

Northwind

I ran Exos tubeless, no problem at all.

djflexure

For balance, I found them hopeless on Stans Flows

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Advantage tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.