Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maxxis Advantage as rear tyre
  • number18
    Free Member

Should I fit it ‘backwards’? I have this tyre on both wheels and wondered if the tread would be better suited on the rear wheel if the rotation was the other way.

Cheers

number18
    Free Member

darrenspink, that thread doesn’t answer my question and it is now closed so I can’t add my query.

mrphil
    Free Member

Only ran the Advantage the normal way. Ran it with a 2.4 HR2 front and 2.25 rear.

Worked really well. Also used a Ardent with the HR2. This was also a good combo.

moonboy
    Free Member

local conditions not withstanding…

Would have thought an advantage on the back would be a draggy rear tyre. The 2.25 is a great tyre (good winter front) and the 2.4 comes up MASSIVE, not sure I’d want them on the back.

In short, when it’s a bit wet, good on the front, slow on the back. If I was going racing unless it was supergrim would try and run something a bit quicker, reckon a NN on the front would be a bit quicker.

Northwind

Give it a try- it might suit your needs better, it might not.Even when a tyre works “best” one way round that doesn’t mean it suits you best.

number18
    Free Member

Northwind – good point, maybe I should just try it!

mrphil – I wanted an Ardent for the back but needed to buy one at very short notice and they only had Advantages in the trail centre shop (I wanted Maxxis).

Moonboy – a NN would have hurt my OCD, got to have the same make front & rear!

jam-bo

Love them in the dry, nice predictable drift.

Hate them in the wet. Awful tyres.

nuke

I commented on that closed thread and I still do rate the Advantage as a rear tyre…good grip and don’t find it particularly draggy. Having said that, I’ve now tried the onone smorgasbord and reckon its a good Advantage alternative

ads678

I’ve been running an Advantage on the back of my five for a while now. Personally I think it’s only place is on the rear, scared me senseless when i put it on the front in only damp conditions. Never found it to be perticularly draggy. Good back tyre imo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Advantage as rear tyre’ is closed to new replies.