Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maxxis advantage and mavic 819s
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone use this combo? any problems with inflation or burping with the tyres being non UST

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bump

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I have a Maxxis madusa/717 rim set up.None of which are tubeless specific and work a treat.I used the DT swiss conversion kit and it works well.Easy to use.Run tyres as low as 28 psi and have never burped.The only problem i seem to notice with the tyres run at such a low pressure,is the alarming tyre wear..avoid roads if you can.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the 819 rims have a ust bead – thats why i am asking. cheers anyway

swisstony
    Free Member

Hi Rob, I’ve used them on mine but the sidewalls were too thin and after a few burps and pinches i gave up. I was speaking to Jon of Justridingalong whilst out on saturday and he said Maxxis have now thickened the sidewall to something in between a single and a double ply high roller so they may be perfect!

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I was just giving you an insight into what non ust maxxis tyres are like in my experience.If they work well on my non ust rims i would imagine they will be no probs with an 819 rim.Good luck

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its the bead hook compatibility that i am after rod (not being rude)

13thfloormonk

Is a normal bead more likely to burp on a UST rim? I’ve only just bought some UST rims and was planning to run non-ust ADvantages myself…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis advantage and mavic 819s’ is closed to new replies.