Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maxxis ADvantage 2.4 – HOW BIG???
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Got some of these on a set of wheels I bought. Fitted the rear to my DMR Trailstar LT last night and there is barely a fag paper's clearance between the tyre and seatstays. Chainstays are fine. Are these an unusually *large* tyre compared with say a High Roller 2.35?

ahwiles
    Free Member

er, bigger than the H-R 2.35 – but those are pretty skinny.

i'd say they're just about right; they're sold as 'large volume' tyres, and they are.

they're brilliant on a hard tail; nice and big and soft* and grippy, almost a little bit like a little bit of suspension.

(*if you have a few less psi's)

sv

Yes! These are measured with a real ruler and are MUCH bigger than 2.35 HR's.

Coyote
    Free Member

I can see the obvious advantage of the higher volume but the clearance between seatstays and tyre is almost non-existant.

ahwiles
    Free Member

but it's not the tyre's fault.

you can get an Advantage 2.3…?

steve_b77
    Free Member

2.25" is the next size down, also much bigger than a 2.35" High Roller

sv

I have a wire 2.4 ADvantage hanging in my garage – too big for the Inbred 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

Trailstars don't have the best tyre clearance – how was the 2.35 HR (thinking of getting one for my TS)?

br
    Free Member

What is there physical maximum width, at (say) 40psi?

On what rim?

Coyote
    Free Member

_tom_ I'll let you know. This bike is a new build so these are the first tyres that I've tried.

Tasso
    Free Member

Just changed a 2.1 for a 2.25 Advantage – noticeable hike in volume but no clearance issues on my new model Dialled PA. 🙂

2.1 Advantage is about the same size as the 2.25 High Roller.

Surprised the inbred has clearance issue – mate has run one of the 2.4's on his 456. Not much mud clearance on the wishbone above tyre but perfectly useable.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis ADvantage 2.4 – HOW BIG???’ is closed to new replies.