Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Maxxis 3C compound lifespan
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Is it just me, or is it really quite poor?

I’ve been through a couple of tubeless ready HRII 3Cs, neither of which lasted more than 6 months of once a week riding before the side knobs started to tear and I could feel them rolling over when cornering, so I tried a Minion 3C instead, thinking the bigger knobs would last better. That’s lasted about 4 months (and it didn’t get any use in August due to shock issues), but now all that’s happened is that I’ve worn the inside edges of the side knobs off (I did most of the damage in 2 days of Lakes riding). Wasn’t too much of an issue while it was dry, but now the ground’s soft, it’s just sliding as soon as I put any pressure on it in a flat corner. The centre knobs are immaculate

At £45 a pop, it’s not exactly economical. Hell, I’m sure Supertackys used to last longer; and other than the wet Limestone performance, Rubber Queen BCs are WAY more hardy.

stevied
    Free Member

I think some of the HR2’s had issues with knobs tearing off. Might be worth contacting the place you bought them from.
    I’ve been running 3C DHR2’s and DHF’s (on the front) for ages without any real wear issues. They do wear a fair bit faster on the back.
    And if you’re paying £45 each you may want to look at the continental websites like alltricks and acycles.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis 3C compound lifespan’ is closed to new replies.