Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Max/Parked Tiger, Lakes Experts advice please
  • Mugboo

Following a route request the other week i am trying to add it to my memory map.

A little confused by this bit?

'back down Lower Man – Raise – Sticks pass – Glenridding. Time running short? Just turn right and head straight over Raise towards Sticks.'

Bear with me i'm a numpty when it comes to maps. Whats the difference between
    Raise – Sticks Pass – Glenridding
    or straight over Raise towards Sticks?

Cheers Jason

anc
    Free Member

If time was running short I think they mean go down the zigzags on keppel cove. You have another climb to get to sticks. Dunno if you've done helvellyn before but the better ways up are either from the coach road over the Dodds or up the keppel cove zig zags as the are pretty much rideable. Best way off allow the ridge to dollywagon then grisedale tarn to patterdale.

Max
    Free Member

Sorry it wasn't clear!

Short route, missing the summit: Glenridding – Keppel Cove. Turn right and head straight over Raise towards Sticks and Glenridding.

Long route: Glenridding – Keppel Cove – Lower Man – Summit – back down Lower Man – Raise – Sticks pass – Glenridding.

Hope that helps

Max

tragically1969
    Free Member

🙄 If you can't see the difference between those 2 by looking at a map then the high fells may not be the best place for you !

Mugboo

Cheers Max and tragic, thats why i'm asking..

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Yep – better to be sure and there's no harm is checking is there 🙂 I'd go for Max's second option if you can squeeze another 45/60 minutes out of the day – the descent off Lower Man is nice, and it's about to attacked by Fix the Fells 😥

Mugboo

F*£k the Fells, eh?

I'll be taking the longer option if it kills me…

We're all competent enough riders, if not map readers 😉 and between a paper map and memory map on my phone i reckon we'll make it alive..

Mugboo

Cheers guys.

Very windy up top, blowing our bikes into our legs while we pushed!

Looked odd stood there in t shirts with all the walkers in full arctic kit. Coming down Lower Man in that was a little unnerving but fun.

Best bit defo Sticks Pass, loved it, over too soon..Any other reccomended paths like this one?

Memory map on iPhone was superb

thanks again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Max/Parked Tiger, Lakes Experts advice please’ is closed to new replies.