Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maxles – are old ones and Maxle 360s interchangeable?
  • Stu_N

I’ve mangled my Pike Maxle a bit – battered off a big old rock and the lever is a bit bent together with the flanges beside the lever. It still works but you have to be very careful in closing it and to be honest I’d rather get a new one to put my mind at rest.

From a quick look at the tech documents it looks like I have a Maxle, but the spares are all Maxle 360s – anyone know if I can use a Maxle 360 as a replacement? The stuff talks about it being an upgraded axle so I reckon it would be OK but anyone know for sure?

Yetiman
    Free Member

I don’t see why not. The maxle 360 is just an upgrade of the lever design is it not? this allows you to close the lever at any angle. The rest of the axle is just the same.

higgo
    Free Member

I thought not.

khani
    Free Member

maxle and maxle 360 are interchangable, maxle lite isnt

Mistere
    Free Member

They are interchangeable.

I’ve got a spare lying around; its had only a few months use and Isn’t a 360.

email me if you’re interested.

richc
    Free Member

I vaguely remember reading that they aren’t, but I have no idea as to why thats the case. Its got to be worth emailing RockShox to check though, as its a kinda important part.

Mistere
    Free Member

too many half baked opinions, so I’ll qualify what I said:

Maxle and Maxle360 are definitely compatible.
    I know this because I have both and I checked to see if they were.

richc
    Free Member

A search on MTBR shows it ain’t that simple. Tons of details here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=232938&highlight=maxle+360+pike

All depends on the age of your Pike, if its an 05 you could hit some problems

Stu_N

Thanks all. On investigations this evening, it would appear that my Pikes are 2007 forks so the damaged one will be a Maxle 360 anyway. Which would mean a new Maxle 360 will be just the ticket. Ahem.

jam-bo

The maxle 360 off my totems doesn’t fit my 2005 pikes with a normal maxle

Stu_N

It works. The 2007 Pikes don’t have a Maxle 360 as standard by the looks of things. The Maxle 360 works just fine though. Hurrah.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maxles – are old ones and Maxle 360s interchangeable?’ is closed to new replies.