Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maxle/Maxle lite + Hope Pro II
  • mstrb
    Free Member

So I’m about to buy some Hope Hoops and RS Rev’s with 20mm Maxle & I saw a lot of comments about the maxle snapping when being used with Hope Pro 2 hubs.

Are they still breaking? I’m a little wary about buying after hearing so many examples of this happening 🙁

almightydutch
    Free Member

Thought it was the rears that break not the fronts? I may be wrong on this though

matthew_h
    Free Member

It’s the rear maxles that had a problem with Pro IIs rather than the fronts and the new Evo version of the Pro II has been redesigned to remedy the problem anyway.

mstrb
    Free Member

Oh I see! Well that’s reassuring to hear, thanks!

balfa
    Free Member

There were a few poeple with revs & proII 20mm hubs having problems too, myself included. I can’t get the maxle qr tight enough to stop play on one of two pairs of 2011 Revs. The other pair I could over tighten easily with the same hub. I assume its a maxle problem not a proII problem

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve been using Hope hubs with a 12mm Maxle for two years now, I did have axle breakages on my Bulb hub, but I’ve been given a ProII Evo at a substantial discount.

As for the front end, I’ve been using Hope hubs with Maxles for five years now and have absolutely no issues to report.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maxle/Maxle lite + Hope Pro II’ is closed to new replies.