Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maxle sizes
  • opusone
    Free Member

Some surrealist bike thief stole my axle – not my wheel, just the axle. I’ve no idea why, but as bike thieves aren’t really renowned for their thinking skills, it’s of some consolation to me that he probably doesn’t know either.

So, I need to buy a new axle without an old one to compare it to. It’s for a set of rockshox revelations SL, for 26″ wheels, 150mm travel. It looks like this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rockshox-20mm-maxle-lite/

However, wiggle is asking me whether I want “Black 32mm lowers” or “Black 35-40mm lowers”. I’ve got no idea what these measurements refer to. Any help?

acidchunks

Revelations have 32mm stanchions

Probably worth double checking the axle diameter by measuring your hub or the dropouts, some older revs had 20mm axles but most have 15mm

opusone
    Free Member

What’s old in your book? 2014 or 2004 or 1994? I’m fairly sure the forks are about 2012.

nickjb
    Free Member

Pretty easy to tell if they 15mm or 20mm. Just measure the hole. Mine are 20mm. I guess the stanchion size effects the length of the maxle. Again easy to measure but as above revs are 32mm

carlos
    Free Member

I’ve got a 20mm what looks like a Maxel Light out of a set of 26″ Revalations if your interested? They were standard 32mm stanchions and took a Hope Pro 2 if it matters, not too sure on year but I’d say around 2012.

Mail is in my profile if you want any pics and more details

Cheers
    Carlos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maxle sizes’ is closed to new replies.