Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maxle Rear Kit Availability and Ext BB "Top Hats" Q and Baring suppliers?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Got a new warranty frame today – think I'd like to treat it to a Maxle rear axle but can't seem to find them anywhere, anyone know of shops with stock?

Also have two Hollowtype External bottom brackets and spare bearings but only one top hat thingy left intact. Can these be bought anywhere?

And finally what online bearing suppliers would you kind folk recommend?

Many thanks in advance…

househusband

I could probably rustle up a few plastic top hats for you, as I now have Hope BB's – am just up the road, just off the A68 outside Dalkeef. Email in profile if you want them.

charlierevell
    Free Member

What frame do you need the Maxle for?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Ukbikestore

Commencal?

Pedal-Head
    Free Member

If it's a Meta you'll also need a Maxle specific drop out so suggest you try Steve at Real Cycles as he'll sell it as a kit. Made a difference on mine.

MussEd
    Free Member

Sorry chaps been away making tea etc.

It is indeed for a Commencal – Meta 6 as it happens. New frame came with Maxle drop outs fitted – my old Chrome 12mm bolt thru fits but it weighs a ton and i thought I'd take this opportunity to update my back wheel.

Thought there was something on here the other day about UKbikestore going bust? I'll take a look…Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maxle Rear Kit Availability and Ext BB "Top Hats" Q and Baring suppliers?’ is closed to new replies.