Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maxle Light made of cheese
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

The tab things on the cutout on the maxle light of my Reba have bent slightly when I went to undo it. WTF is that about?? Also, yesterday during my ride the bloody thing came loose! I had previously tightened up the little allen bolt inside. Luckily the bike is less than a year old, so I am going to see what the shop say.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Broke 2 Hope Maxle lights on my 5, I just said to give me something that wouldn’t break so they gave me a steel one that hasn’t.

rogermoore

Yep they’re shite, mine have done the same. Unfortunately second hand forks for me. 😡
    Going to get one of the new bolt-y type things which were on the news page this week when they come out.
    RM.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I would expect the shop to say you have broken it but Rock Shox have made a new improved version that you can have for the sum of 40 pounds .

nickdavies

Yeah mine split, warrantied not a problem though. But yes you can buy the new pike maxle and use that.
    It’s not actually a load bearing part of the maxle though, just locks it so you can just file the slot square again when the corner breaks off!

Or there’s a few aftermarket, xc racer have the KCNC version in stock.

BigDummy
    Free Member

can just file the slot square again when the corner breaks off!

My (Marzocchi) one is just left with a little square bit of flange, like a beaver’s teeth. 🙂

tenfoot

Mine went second ride out, after I’d taken the bike down to Swinley. Probably over tightened it when I put the front wheel back on.

I bought a replacement from CRC, as Orangeboy’s link. I’ve been using it for 7 months now. Much better than the one supplied with the fork.

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s getting replaced under warranty 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maxle Light made of cheese’ is closed to new replies.