Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maxle fitment to a C456? Can it be done?
  • mrphil
    Free Member

As above really, can you buy the drop outs to change them to maxle fitment?

andyl
    Free Member

not seen any but i am sure they could be made.

boltonjon

If Brant reads this then i’d buy a set

I’d love to have 2 bikes in which the wheels are totally interchangable – and this is the last thing i need!!

Mugboo

Same here. Mega and c456, Maxle dropouts please.

mrphil
    Free Member

boltonjon – Member

If Brant reads this then i’d buy a set

I’d love to have 2 bikes in which the wheels are totally interchangable – and this is the last thing i need!!

+ 1

I suppose the only problem would be the distance between the drop out?

Are 12mm Hope Pro2 Evo the same width as the quick release version?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Mrphil please check your classified ad that you posted and abandoned. Or email me re rims pls as you have no contact details.

mrphil
    Free Member

will do

STATO
    Free Member

I think you need to be more specific, maxle is 12mm but would you want 135mm or the new 142mm spacing. I think the mega has had both and 142 is fast becoming the new standard for 12mm rear axles. I dont think there would be enough meat (width) in the on-one swapouts design to cope with 142mm without having them made with a lot of machining (=expensive).

mrphil
    Free Member

135mm spacing would be the most logical one to go for, I would also helicoil the dropout as with continous removal of the wheel might damage the threads.

The only way to make the 142mm work would mean you would have to machine 3.5mm from the face of the drop out by elongating part of the face.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maxle fitment to a C456? Can it be done?’ is closed to new replies.