Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis EXO tyres in Bubion
  • niksnr
    Free Member

Going to Bubion with Switchbacks next week. Website recommends dual ply but wondered if anyone had experience of riding there and would I get away with EXO casing? Not running tubeless.

danti

You’ll want tough tyres for out there.
    On One Chunky Monkey are a great cheaper alternative and made by Maxxis.

niksnr
    Free Member

Ive got a Chunky Monkey, along with a HR2 60a, Minion DHF2 3c and a pair of the new Bonty SE4 team issue(s). Bit of a tyre whore but don’t currently have any dual plays.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do you ride rocky stuff in the UK on the EXO tyres without putting holes in them?

niksnr
    Free Member

Did the Ard Rock without a puncture last year with the Maxxis. That’s about the rockiest I’ve ridden.

chakaping
    Free Member

Go with what you know then, I reckon.

Not been out there for years, but I’d probably just use my usual tyres if I went back.

If in doubt, maybe a Supergravity Rock Razor on the rear.

squealer
    Free Member

We’ve just come back from a week with ciclomontana just up the road and all 6 of us had exo casings and we didn’t have an issue all week. We were all running tubeless though.

niksnr
    Free Member

Thx squealer. That’s made my mind up to go with what I’ve got

papamountain
    Free Member

I’ve ridden minion exo’s there without a problem. P.s. drop in to the new bike shop in Bubion (http://www.alpujarrabikes.com) my Brother owns it, (used to guide for switchbacks), say hello (Brian and Lynn). So tyres available should the worst happen…

BadlyWiredDog

We were all running tubeless though.

+1 for running tubeless out there. I got home from a week with Freeride Spain in the same area, popped the tyre off and found about 20 thorns in a single rear tyre. On one ride, the group I was with actually ran out of spare inner tubes about halfway round – tubeless with sealant is definitely the way forward.

niksnr
    Free Member

Thx for the heads up papamountain. I’ll definitely pop in and say hello. BWD that’s given me a bit of a headache as I’ve got Spank rims with oobar profile and its proving a bit of a b”!tch to rims get air tight.

papamountain
    Free Member

Should add I was running tubeless too. Not sure how tubes would hold up..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis EXO tyres in Bubion’ is closed to new replies.