Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mawddach Goldrush Mountain Bike Challenge – Coed Y Brenin
  • rammyrunner
    Free Member

Sunday 7th March – Course has now been measured accurately and is now changed from the last 2 years to include even more singletrack. The idea of the challenge is to complete three laps either solo or relay team, with an elite start as well.

The route stats are:

o Total length of each lap 15km exactly.
    o Total ascent 475m
    o Total descent 473m
    o Flat bits – none!

Looks a very good course – very well balanced between climbing and descending. A lot tougher course this year possibly by as much as 1/3 tougher, the climb after the R74 is big! All good.
    For full details see the Mawddach Goldrush Website All monies going to charity

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Anyone enterin it, for me to heckle?

stumpy01

Did the first one a couple of yrs ago in a 3some. It was a good event on a great trail.

Can't make it this year unfortunately.

dreednya

I'm in again. Solo and hopefully with a few other riding mates as well.

robob
    Free Member

I'm in as a solo. Not done it before but it look like fun!

Blackhound

I'm entered – just got to do some riding now…..

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Practice climbing skills, the downhills will take care of themselves!

fbk
    Free Member

I was just looking at this earlier today – the format doesn't really grab me (I've raced on the old Red Bull track before and it's blooming hard work, especially by the n'th lap).

The fact that it's raising money for the Welsh Air Ambulance may well tempt me to come down and enter though 🙂

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Just been in contact with the organisers (Mawddach Rotary Club) they have nearly 100 entries 😀 And although you may feel it is a format that you may not like, there is at least one section that is in reverse direction plus no cars/forest workers to gwt in the way.

martyntr
    Free Member

This weekend now !! I'm in as a Solo, we'll see how it goes. First event of the year… lets see if that winters worth of training's been worth it 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

30 notes to do 3 laps of the red bull…….don't think so.

martyntr
    Free Member

it's for charity……

dreednya

More importantly for the air ambulance, which is something that any of us may have the need to use.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Would seem that you would have been better off just donating the money directly to the charities involved.
    http://www.mawddachgoldrush.org.uk/4.html

justal
    Free Member

I had fun there yesterday, weather was perfect, course marking and marshalling not quite so good, but the riding was fun and it was worth doing..

Full race report that doesn't quite convey the pain I went through here:

http://www.alananna.co.uk/blog/2010/mawddach-goldrush-2010-race-report/

Al.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mawddach Goldrush Mountain Bike Challenge – Coed Y Brenin’ is closed to new replies.